GT is not a young team, Vanderbilt is young.

Hedgeplague

Varsity Lurker
Ace,

Vandy is Very young...we're just young.

In an ideal world, we have JRs and Seniors, w/ an occasional fr and sophmore. And anytime you have a Freshman QB, everyone needs to be patient.
frown.gif

We are starting 13 upperclassmen out of our top 22. This is not a particularly young team. THWG

Man alive Vandy is young. They start 1 Sr out of their 22 starters. On Offense VU starts 1 Sr, 4 Jrs, 5 Sophs & a Fr. On Defense VU starts 2 Jrs & 9 Sophs. Either Coach Johnson had no talent when he got there or he totally cleaned house to put in his players.
This is why I don't buy Gailey's horse hockey rhetoric about GT being "a young team". I nearly puke when Coach G says this. Who is he trying to mislead?
By contrast, GT starts on Offense 3 Srs, 5 Jrs, 2 Sophs & a Fr. On Defense it's 4 Srs, 1 Jr, 5 Sophs & a Fr.
Vanderbilt is young everywhere. Ga Tech is veteran on Offense & about average on Defense, with the bulk of our youngsters having to start on the D-line & with the heart & soul of our D being the 4 Srs.

I'd hate to play Vandy in a yr or 2. Check out their roster. They only have like 6 Srs on the entire team, including W-Os. This could be a team that competes in the SEC-E after this yr.
Good luck building your team, Vanderbilt. Your future looks bright with Coach Johnson.

Vanderbilt roster

Vandy will bee Vandy, but I am all for them. We should have higher expectations.

Originally posted by GT Ace:
[QB]I'd hate to play Vandy in a yr or 2. Check out their roster. They only have like 6 Srs on the entire team, including W-Os. This could be a team that competes in the SEC-E after this yr.
Good luck building your team, Vanderbilt. Your future looks bright with Coach Johnson.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yeah, and Duke had 21 starters returning and look at what they have this year.
pat.gif

Back