GT Letterman's Club tickets where in EBAY!!

The Gnome of Zurich

Varsity Lurker
GT Letterman\'s Club tickets where in EBAY!!

The item is not there anymore, but GTAA put it out there- I have the old item number. This isnt just tickets, this was to sit in Letterman's club seats. Another great move by Braine and GTAA. Probably got crap for it so they yanked it. Not unbelieveable anymore.

Re: GT Letterman\'s Club tickets where in EBAY!!

Is there anything he won't sell?

TIAR B wrote:

This was the final straw, for me.

Never played a down, but that area should be sacrosanct.

Time to get on with it - lets get Stansbury in here and move on.

I definitely was not a star, but I do meet the general requirments.

If the Tech AA had not made such a big deal about how they wanted to reward its letterman while under construction, I probably would feel different.

If this is Braine's doing, I think he is daring someone to fire him. If this is being auctioned off by a letterman, its sad.

Hey TIAR, how was Vegas?

LL - Just recovering from 3 days at the Hard Rock.

It is everything anyone ever said, and then some.

Did my best to contribute at the tables. One of the group came back with (literally) $1 cash in his wallet.

Crazy Horse II was also inspiring, I must say.

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:
Is there anything he won't sell?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes! His CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the final straw, for me.

Never played a down, but that area should be sacrosanct.

Time to get on with it - lets get Stansbury in here and move on.

Now the matter has gotten some press from the AUC.

http://www.ajc.com/gatech/content/sports/gatech/0903/05techtix.html

Get $250 a seat for one game or $50 per letterman a year. I think we know what the GTAA would rather have.

If you read the quotes in the article, it seems like none of our former players that were interviewed are thrilled with the idea. Also, it looks like Godsey was right about a UGAg fan mixing it up. Look at the auction now. The first bidder's eBay username? Dawgfever03.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=2749685202
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=24567&item=2749685202

Absolutely disgusting.

puke.gif

Is Paul Griffin Dave Braine's new hire? If so, he has gotten off to a quick start, huh?

I can't wait for his next "shrewd" fund raiser where anyone can rent the wreck to cruise Buckhead on a Saturday night.
pat.gif

In the long run, this letterman's auction may be the best thing. I am happy to see so many prominent letterman alumni getting pissed over this. Hopefully, its just a matter of time.

I think this is a B.S. Plain and simple

bsmeter.gif

For those of us that lettered at Georgia Tech, some of us in multiple sports, this is a real slap in the face. It's one thing to mingle at social outings or to be remembered by the press, or by fellow Alumni, or competitors, and especially fans, but to "pimp" seats for the excuse of making a measley $20,000 over a year's time (that's what Braine and his puppet said in the AJC)? That designated section is for Tech performers, those that made a difference in the winning reputation of the school. The history and the tradition of Georgia Tech should never be for sale to the highest bidder. Our past is priceless!!

Braine, there's bus ticket waiting for you - I bought it on ebay - last seat on the left, right nextt to the bathroom.

I had a chance to visit with Lucius Sanford yesterday. The Letterman's Club is his baby, and he has done a tremendous job with it.

He did not want to talk about the auction BS. Please do not associate him with this slap in the face marketing decision to try to cheapen the accomplishments of all GT letterman.

By the way, he is still a physically imposing warrior. I remember Tony Dorsett saying years later that the hardest he has ever been hit anywhere was by #89 Lucius Sanford.

Back