GT/NCSU Game Thread

Guys, I wasn't too impressed with the offense, defense, or special teams. The defense played better in the 1st half while the O stunk. Then the offense played somewhat better in the 2nd half while the defense largely stunk. NC State was a better team. They had planty of talent, were well coached, and they executed thier scheme well. No much more to say.

It was mostly our offense having too many of either 3 & outs or hopeful drives that ended in turnovers. They got tired out pretty early and we know that talent isn't as great as it could be either. The defense played better than it did in many of the games from last season.

I think we played well for stretches. However, when we needed it, we were not able to step up, and make a stand. We had moments where we got good pressure with blitzes, but it was nowhere near often enough to distrupt the offense. NCState played a good game on D, but our offense still battled back. If we started that second to last drive only down 3 or 6, it allows us to not have to throw every down, and that would have put us in a better position to drive for the go ahead score. All in all, NCState just beat us. Good game on their part. We still have a chance to get to Charlotte, and possibly get a measure of revenge on them. Gotta fight the rest of the season, though.

I'm keenly disappointed, but not that disgusted. Probably because it's clear that NCSU was the better team today.

I think our coach showed his confidence in the defense by going for it on fourth down inside our territory. I'm starting to wonder about our defensive talent, especially on the line. I think we have a good coordinator but there is only so much he can do.

Fortunately, it is still only one game and it wasn't a coastal division loss. No one in the ACC is going undefeated.

I think our coach showed his confidence in the defense by going for it on fourth down inside our territory. I'm starting to wonder about our defensive talent, especially on the line. I think we have a good coordinator but there is only so much he can do.

We have some solid players on the line. Key word is some. A couple good players a 2-deep line does not make. Cross will be really good before he's gone I think.

IWe still have a chance to get to Charlotte, and possibly get a measure of revenge on them. Gotta fight the rest of the season, though.

We have to develop a consistent passing attack that is the near equivalent of last year plus no more breakdowns on punts or this is going to be one looooooooooong season.

It is true that the defenses are catching up with methods to stop the triple option. An offensive coach's ability to diversify is essential to keep defenses honest.

However, the biggest problem is the defense. It has "NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR QUALITY OF DEFENSIVE PLAYERS". North Carolina State does not have better quality of players than GT. The truth is the poor coaching of these athletes.

If you do not play the receivers tight, they will eat you up with a good passer. It is essential to play them tight, especially on 3rd and long when this is the best down to take over the football from the offense.

The defensive schemes are still horrible on the short passes. No receiver out of the backfield should "ever" catch a first down pass on third and long. This is coaching at its worst. The defensive coordinator last year was pathetic, however, we are doing just as bad this year with Groh.

It will continue to happen until the defensive backs start playing the receivers and backs extremely tight on 3rd and long.

GT is doomed to a very bad season due to coaching. I feel sorry for the players.

Father Time

Last edited:
Back