GT ONLY gets 1 player on All-ACC 1st team

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
and ONLY 4 on 2nd team & ONLY 2 honorable mention. That 1 player is Jeremy Muyres. Folks, it seems the sports writers who follow ACC football do not think very highly of the 'talent' that we all think we have. Is it this much of a dearth of talent here as the ACC sports writers think?
The ACC all conference teams

Thats Ridiculous!! The no. 1 place kicker in America only gets 2nd team. Who in the ACC is better?

confused.gif

All ACC team spots are for the teams that excell. If we had a better record we would have had a few more on the list.

I think Rhino got slighted but other than that it is probably accurate.

I expect NEXT year to be our year.

Agreed Lawbee. If we'd have done better, we'd fare better with the All-ACC teams. Of course, then again the NFL scouts evidently don't think much of our players (see Master B's post on the Hive). We're gonna lose ALOT of solid seniors this year, and I really think they're more great TEAM players than individual stars.

NEXT year WILL be the year. You usually see BIG improvement in the 2nd year of a head coach. See MR at UGA, even what Fridge has done with younger players. We're gonna be strong next year. I KNOW our offense is gonna be better. If our secondary can stay sound, the "D" should be pretty good as well. I would think 8 or 9 wins would be a low estimate. At least that's how my hopeful gold-colored glasses see it.

grin.gif

I can't argue with Manget being second team. He struggled the first half of the year. What is ridiculous is that Daryl Smith and especially Key Fox did not even make honorable mention. That is a travesty!

Seems a lot like Joe H getting the shaft in the 1999 Heisman voting. Those individual awards have more to do with the team's acheivements than we might realize.

Hopefully all the screwing, bad calls, missed calls, injuries, etc we have had to endure this season will even out Saturday afternoon.

Gonna be a beautiful day for an upset!!!!

Go Jackets! Nothing goes better with leftover turkey than hedge!
drinking.gif

I love Rhino but I think the kid from MD returned 4 kicks for TDs. I'd have to look further into stats, etc, but it does amaze me that Smith and Fox weren't picked. IMO what put Muyres was his INTs.

Originally posted by cropdusterengineer:

Go Jackets! Nothing goes better with leftover turkey than hedge!
drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ain't that right!!

I'm happy for Muyres but I would be more impressed if he had gotten back there to help on FSU long TD pass when Hester was 1 on 1.NCst had almost exactly the same situation last week and safety got there to help on incompletion.THey WON.

It probably had something to do with Novak scoring almost twice as many points as Manget

3518T. yes Monget may have struggled the 1st part of the year but it's not based on a game, a few games but the entire season. Look at the overall record then tell me he's not the best in the ACC.

Back