GT Preview Show - WSB Tonight

MsTechAnalysis

Jolly Good Fellow
FYI....

For those in the Atlanta area, Channel 2 (WSB) at 9pm tonight (8/22) will have a 2003 GT Football Preview Show.

They started this in 2001 and they also do it for that other team up the road. GT goes first tonight.

MsTech, I saw this in the AJC this morning, but I had completely forgotten it. Thanks for reminding me.
smile.gif

Sorry I'm so late getting back on this ....

The show was a half hour. Chuck Dowdle WSB started the show inside renovated BDS at night and it looks fabulous! He spent time talking about the renovation and gave us a tour. He really gave GT kudos on how things look in the stadium, boxes and locker rooms. Top Notch!

Interviewed Sterling Brown the Associate AD who had much to do with the renovation. He's now leaving GT to build a LOG HOME in Hanover, PA (his home) for himself. Sterling said he was thrilled the way everything came out and it was even better then they projected it to be.

He went over the upcoming schedule for GT and how tough it was - one of the toughest in recent times. Talked about the problems GT had in May with the players and academics and the players we lost. Mentioned how GT would be young in certaom areas and playing true freshmen because of this.

Focused on the QB position and profiled Reggie Ball, Pat Carter and AJ. Mentioned the change for Dbo two weeks ago and that he's staying and will try WR. Spent time talking to Chan about this. Chan mentioned that he saw both freshmen on tape and thought Pat Carter was better then Ball. They got to camp and he said Ball was ahead of Carter. Chan mentioned Damarius deciding to stay at GT and that he loved being here.

Both freshmen QBs were interviewed and excited about being at GT. Said that AJ was helping both of them and they are all very close. AJ was interviewed as well and said he would do anything to help out in the QB position.

There were interviews with the two transfers from Morris Brown. They were both excited about playing for a Div. 1 school and especially GT. They also interviewed Key Fox, Nat Dorsey, Jonathan Cox and Kenny Scott. Kenny Scott (true Freshmen DB) will be playing a lot and returning kicks with Dennis Davis.

Interviewed Freshmen Mansfield Wrotto -- will start at nose tackle. He said he didn't think he would be starting this early but realized with the players lost to academics he needs to learn early and help.

Talked about how thin GT was on defensive line and true freshmen having to play there early. Interviewed DC John Tenuta who also mentioned this and said they were trying to focus in that area.

Intervied Chan at the end and talked to him about how the stadium and facilities were top notch and Chan mentioned the committment GT had to make these things happen. Asked him about the QB situation and he said he still wasn't sure who would start and probably would not know until closer to BYU game time. Chan also mentioned the runningback position would be by committee with PJ Daniels starting. He also said he'd like to go with ONE QB.

Thanked Chan for the time and called him a "class act" wished him luck. Chuck Dowdle also reminded the audience that you can come down to BDS on Thurs. night and watch the BYU game at BDS!

Chan did mention that the new lockerooms were better then any NFL he'd been in - looked absolutely outstanding on the tour! Very plush.

If I forgot anything - if someone can chime in but I think this was it.

The locker room should impress any recruit. That place seemed to disappear into the distance behind Hartman. I'll be interested to see who'll get to be on Chan's porch during the game. Sweet view.

Back