GT schedule vs. UGA schedule.

Gee Tornado, why come whirling in here with facts? Are you trying to confuse UGA and the UGA media?

drinking.gif

The maority of the atlanta sports media and sports media in general are full of complete morons and oblivious slackers. Tragically, they are not students of the game or exhaustive observers of the participants. They follow each other like buffalo over a cliff.....blind and ignorant.

Thanks for trying to actually do a reasonable analysis.....sad that it will never be recognized by the media.

Lets set the record straight on ATL media coverage of Georgia Tech. I've heard GT fans whine so much about this UGA bias that I could puke.
puke.gif
Furman Bisher, Norman Arey, Daryl Maxie , and now Hollis coddle GT as much as any you could hope for any paper to favor the hometown team and maintain any credibility as journalists. The local TV coverage also tries to support you as Atlanta's home team. And all GT does is byatch
mad.gif
. Tech's whining has invited some backlash from the media but GT can't seem to learn the old lesson about picking fights with those that control the air waves and buy ink by the barrel. Maybe UGA with a # 9 ranking and more fan interest is a bigger story that commands more attention. Make yourself newsworthy instead of pretending media coverage is an entitlement.
bash.gif

Originally posted by MeLuvUgaLongTime:
Lets set the record straight on ATL media coverage of Georgia Tech. I've heard GT fans whine so much about this UGA bias that I could puke.
puke.gif
Furman Bisher, Norman Arey, Daryl Maxie , and now Hollis coddle GT as much as any you could hope for any paper to favor the hometown team and maintain any credibility as journalists. The local TV coverage also tries to support you as Atlanta's home team. And all GT does is byatch
mad.gif
. Tech's whining has invited some backlash from the media but GT can't seem to learn the old lesson about picking fights with those that control the air waves and buy ink by the barrel. Maybe UGA with a # 9 ranking and more fan interest is a bigger story that commands more attention. Make yourself newsworthy instead of pretending media coverage is an entitlement.
bash.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It will also make good news when you guys are are 4-2 at the mid point of the season...

Originally posted by MeLuvUgaLongTime:
Lets set the record straight on ATL media coverage of Georgia Tech.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Good idea. Let's.

I've heard GT fans whine so much about this UGA bias that I could puke.
puke.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Good. Anything that makes you puke is alright by me. Maybe you'll leave.

Furman Bisher, Norman Arey, Daryl Maxie , and now Hollis coddle GT as much as any you could hope for any paper to favor the hometown team and maintain any credibility as journalists.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">News flash: Arey and Hollis are/were the BEAT WRITERS! HELLO! They certainly were no more homer than Schlabach. Probably much less so.

Bisher hasn't been a leading figure in Atlanta sports writing for 10 years. He writes more aobut the old days than current topics. I don't even know who the heck Maxie is -- boy he must be relevant!

The local TV coverage also tries to support you as Atlanta's home team.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Second news flash: GT, unlike Georgia, is actually IN Atlanta! Are you a MORON?

And all GT does is byatch
mad.gif
. Tech's whining has invited some backlash from the media but GT can't seem to learn the old lesson about picking fights with those that control the air waves and buy ink by the barrel.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Right. And unlike GT fans, UGA fans NEVER complain about the media. Sure.

Maybe UGA with a # 9 ranking and more fan interest is a bigger story that commands more attention. Make yourself newsworthy instead of pretending media coverage is an entitlement.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">#9 ranking by WHO?

Oh yeah, the media.

The objective fact is that UGA has done nothing on the field to deserve more newsworthiness than GT has done. This is factually supported by the objective rankings of the two teams (which are virtually identical), and by the head to head competitiveness over the last five seasons.

So, what I am telling you is that GT HAS earned newsworthiness. We just don't get fair treatment in the press despite that fact.

The reasons are very simple: 1. many people in the local press are UGA J-school grads, while almost none are GT grads. 2. There are more UGA fans than GT fans (it's about even in the Atlanta metro area, but the Atlanta paper is sold all over Georgia where it's not even).

Finally, I think you misunderstand my gripe. I am not counting column inches. I recognize the press's right to cover whatever they want. I'm not bitching about coverage quantity.

I just want the coverage to be accurate, rather than based on biased opinion. I want them to put some work into researching things before they blindly pronounce things like "UGA's schedule is MUCH tougher than GT's."

Finally, are you going to address anything I was actually TALKING about? Are you saying that the facts I presented are wrong, and that the press's opinions are right and are not biased?

Good argument GT! However what probably makes them so newsworthy is the same crap we always hear...

Their stadium's bigger
wink.gif

Hehe the Cesspool of the South!

Back