GT sports is in big trouble

nickGT

Varsity Lurker
Golf team is currently 2nd at NCAA East regionals...

Softball team is playing tonight at the regionals...

Baseball is half game out of first place in the ACC and just beat the #9 team in country last night...

Men's tennis went to the NCAA tourney...

Women's tennis made to the NCAA regional finals...

Men's swimming finished 27th at the swimming championships...

GT sports in big trouble? Hardly.

couldn't agree more. I posted something similar the other day saying we were in trouble given the direction of our current program (assuming changes aren't made soon) bc not only the Miami's of the world entering the ACC that will spank us to Buckhead and back, but bc of the direction of other teams in our conference. UVA, Maryland, and NCState are vastly improving..and quickly.

GT? Well our last two games included a 50+ route in Athens (worst display ever of a football team and coaches)and a loss to a Fresno State team who lost 6-8 starters the week before the game in the most pitiful of Bowls in existence. (it has since been discontinued).

As for Hewitt and bball, regardless of how we got there, UGAg may actually put a better a team on the court next year...and they lost most of their team, have a new coach, and lost their recruits.

THAT, my friends, is p-i-t-i-f-u-l.

These minor sports are doing well, but only by the grace of the big revenue spectator sports of which is almost to the TERMINAL STATE!!!

Sad to say it but I agree also. We need something really positive to happen and soon. All that's happened here recently has made me feel like chit. A College World Series Championship would be nice.

Originally posted by techrod:
These minor sports are doing well, but only by the grace of the big revenue spectator sports of which is almost to the TERMINAL STATE!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I don't have numbers to back this up, but I don't think you need a lot of money to run the minor sports. There is a reason that only 117 or so teams play Div1A football, its very expensive. A lot of small schools have baseball, golf, swimming, softball, and other minor sports. You don't need a great Div1A football team to have the other sports.

I could be wrong though.

i forgot to mention nelson leaving also hurts

i appreciate all the student athletes and all the sports succeeding, but frankly most people dont care about all those sports you just named.

if anyone got any satisfaction out of having good golf, tennis, swimming etc, then we would all be happy right now and it wouldnt be a big deal that a few sports are having setbacks.

Hey NickGT, not to mention GT Volleyball returns every player from a team that won the ACC, advanced to the second round of the NCAA, beat numerous top 25 teams, and went 33-6.

bosh is gone
hollings and hargrove gone
MIA possibly joining the conference and making us their senorita (FSU already has rights to us being their b***h)
didnt uga just sweep us in baseball?

oh yea and the big one, gailey's long lost son aj suggs probably starting at QB.

Back