GT to retire #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this. Also If you go all in with representing the city you have to commemorate Hank Aaron. Some of you are whiny cunts who’ll bitch about anything.

Will the team be in rainbow uniforms for the game that coincides with the Pride Week parade? If they are gonna go all in for the 404, isn't that a big part of it as weĺl?

It's a fine gesture. If I am Quez, I don’t mind it. Looks good on him to give up the # to honor a legend.

Think he played more seasons in Milwaukee.
He hit more homers as a Milwaukee player too
Well for one the Brewers plan to wear the no. 44 on their sleeves throughout the 2021 season. He may have played in Milwaukee longer but he was one of ours and he'd be the first to tell you that.

Meh but ok. Hank Aaron represents more than just baseball and he deserves every recognition he gets, imo.
True. And I guarantee you at least a mention of it makes it onto the local news stations when they hold the ceremony or whatever they do. Pretty ingenious marketing with the 1-year deal, IMO.

Classy move from one of Atlanta’s college teams.

What is GSU doing?

What are Tech's, GSU's, and Mercer's basketball teams doing?

How about baseball? The most relevant sport for this.
When the hell did Mercer become an "Atlanta" school? Don't they play their home games out of Macon, like all of the other Mercer sports? If so, that's further away than the stupid-ass dwags.

The only relevant question you posed is about baseball and I agree with you that they should do the same move. Hell, we could retire 44 different baseball #'s for one season. We only have 25 roster players at a time anyway.

I wonder what MC Hammer is going to do since his monicker "Hammer" was allegedly given to him because he looked like Hank. Maybe we could bring MC Hammer into a half-time show to honor Hank Aaron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back