GT vs Miami Postponed

JC7

Varsity Lurker
This whole season has been a nightmare. Miami game postponed. No Clean, Old Fashioned Hate. Too eventful. Too much.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
This whole season has been a nightmare. Miami game postponed. No Clean, Old Fashioned Hate. Too eventful. Too much.
i waffled back and forth on whether to buy tix this year. now i wish i hadn't. nothing against GTAA. just the whole messed up state of things. if it looks like 21' will be this way i may just watch at home and come back in 22'. home sure is comfortable.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Why can the crappy PAC-12 manage to arrange substitute games between non-COVID-infected teams whose games are canceled because of COVID-infected opponents, but the ACC can't?

I'm also thinking it's time for Pitt and Miami each to get a giant FORFEIT.

If these guys could play with 15, couldn't we? Would be dang fun to see some two-way ball.

Any five stars there?

bandman

Damn Good Rat
At this point we just need to practice, practice, practice. One game with Duke would be enough for this year.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Why can the crappy PAC-12 manage to arrange substitute games between non-COVID-infected teams whose games are canceled because of COVID-infected opponents, but the ACC can't?

I'm also thinking it's time for Pitt and Miami each to get a giant FORFEIT.
You do realize that we also had Covid issues that contributed to the Pitt postponement? And based on the timing and the way TStan described the situation, it wouldn’t surprise me if our issues also carried into this week.

JRjr

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
i waffled back and forth on whether to buy tix this year. now i wish i hadn't. nothing against GTAA. just the whole messed up state of things. if it looks like 21' will be this way i may just watch at home and come back in 22'. home sure is comfortable.
Even if we don’t play again this year, we got 4 of 6 home games in. (Three of them sucked, but that’s beside the point.) It wasn’t good value, paying the MBS-inflated price for a reduced (and not very good, in terms of competitiveness) home slate, but I’m glad I got to see a few games in person and it made it a little more palatable to give that cash to the GTAA.

JRjr

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
You do realize that we also had Covid issues that contributed to the Pitt postponement? And based on the timing and the way TStan described the situation, it wouldn’t surprise me if our issues also carried into this week.

JRjr
I am aware that we had issues with some coaches. I was not aware that contributed to the Pitt postponement. Now I am. FORFEITS for everyone.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I am aware that we had issues with some coaches. I was not aware that contributed to the Pitt postponement. Now I am. FORFEITS for everyone.
TStan email on the Pitt postponement: “For our team in particular, a combination of on-field injuries, Covid-19 contact tracing, and a relatively low number of positive Covid-19 tests left us unable to field the requisite number of student-athletes needed to compete, particularly at certain positions.”

It’ll be interesting to compare the verbiage when they officially announce this week’s postponement.

JRjr

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Quote from TStan this evening: “On our end, our student-athletes and coaches will hit the practice field this week in preparation for our home game against Duke on Nov. 28.”

Guess we’re resuming football operations and expect to play next week.

JRjr

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
lol at the idiots that were heading down this weekend

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
They skeered. We were gonna open a can of whoopass on ‘em.
Have a boss who is a Miami fan. Now I’m sad we can’t play the game. I’ve been telling him we have a winning streak going against them.

The Jacket

The Coat
I have a bad feeling that this one isn't going to get played. If it does, it's a trip to Miami in late December and our opponent will be receiving gifts from outside parties. Close enough to a bowl game for me.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
I have a bad feeling that this one isn't going to get played. If it does, it's a trip to Miami in late December and our opponent will be receiving gifts from outside parties. Close enough to a bowl game for me.
i have a bad feeling none of them are going to get played