GT vs Miami Postponed

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
I mean as far as college football history. Records, championships, etc. It is an abnormal season so should not be kept in comparison to the others.

Also championships and other accomplishments are not as meaningful in this season because there hasn't been as much competition (fewer games, less interconference play).
I get this argument, but on the other hand, we still count the games played during wartime. To do otherwise, we would be making dwag-like excuses.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
We didn't have an execution problem though by the unit as a whole last year. Our kickers flat sucked. Wesley Wells completely lost it between the ears to hear what insiders said (and to witness in pre-games last year). Kid was shanking short attempts off the stand. He missed an XP in a game that wasn't close. King just never lived up to the hype and/or his potential. I believe he got injured somewhere in his career at GT also and that could've played a part. He grad transferred to Liberty, but isn't even on the roster there now either.
Wesley wells forgot how to Kick
We didn't have an execution problem though by the unit as a whole last year. Our kickers flat sucked. Wesley Wells completely lost it between the ears to hear what insiders said (and to witness in pre-games last year). Kid was shanking short attempts off the stand. He missed an XP in a game that wasn't close. King just never lived up to the hype and/or his potential. I believe he got injured somewhere in his career at GT also and that could've played a part. He grad transferred to Liberty, but isn't even on the roster there now either.
your kickers not knowing how to kick in itself is an execution problem. Wells went from absolute nails as a freshman, to unable to do anything that resembles even an OK high school kicker under this staff. King was 7/10 career and went 3/7 under this staff, both regressed and essentially gave up football. We have a well regarded walk on that is Kicking line drives into the back of the lineman’s heads. All of that is poor execution; to blame it all on not being able to practice FG drills was absolutely Collins blowing smoke; and our FG unit has absolutely no idea what they are doing (protection, or
Kicking, or rediculous fake attempts).

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
Wesley wells forgot how to Kick

your kickers not knowing how to kick in itself is an execution problem. Wells went from absolute nails as a freshman, to unable to do anything that resembles even an OK high school kicker under this staff. King was 7/10 career and went 3/7 under this staff, both regressed and essentially gave up football. We have a well regarded walk on that is Kicking line drives into the back of the lineman’s heads. All of that is poor execution; to blame it all on not being able to practice FG drills was absolutely Collins blowing smoke; and our FG unit has absolutely no idea what they are doing (protection, or
Kicking, or rediculous fake attempts).
I think the only thing the only thing Collins ever said was about the blocking, not the kicking.

18in32

Petard Hoister
In what ways does any season really “count”? It’s kids playing a game (while others rake in big money); nothing more
The SEC, it just means more
Tech, it doesn't mean anything at all
I wonder who's going to win

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
So why can't the ACC reschedule the Duke-GT game for this weekend, like the PAC-12 did?
If the opportunity is there to get a game in, especially when the team is now scheduled to go a month without playing and has to go 4/4 on Covid luck to finish the year, I agree that’s probably the smart move. And I think there is a 0% chance of it happening.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
If the opportunity is there to get a game in, especially when the team is now scheduled to go a month without playing and has to go 4/4 on Covid luck to finish the year, I agree that’s probably the smart move. And I think there is a 0% chance of it happening.
that would involve common sense .. which is in short supply. one might say it's an endangered resource these days.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Play with the players you have. There are 100 players available including walk-ons.
Our local high school team won a playoff game with 34 players out. This is ridiculous.
This is kind of where I’m at. Miami said they cancelled the game because they only had 6 scholarship OL available for the game. Pretty sure we played several games last year with 6 or fewer scholarship OL available. But we weren’t allowed to tuck tail and say we didn’t want to play. We took the L and moved on.

If the game can’t eventually be played they should forfeit. And I’d say the same for us if we force a game to not be played when the other team is ready.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
This is kind of where I’m at. Miami said they cancelled the game because they only had 6 scholarship OL available for the game. Pretty sure we played several games last year with 6 or fewer scholarship OL available. But we weren’t allowed to tuck tail and say we didn’t want to play. We took the L and moved on.

If the game can’t eventually be played they should forfeit. And I’d say the same for us if we force a game to not be played when the other team is ready.
From the very start the present system was ripe for manipulation. The Big Ten and Pac-12 coming in late was ridiculous. Now there are teams picking and choosing when to take a week or two off and blaming the Rona protocols. I think there will be NO college football next year when the country is put back on total quarantine.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
From the very start the present system was ripe for manipulation. The Big Ten and Pac-12 coming in late was ridiculous. Now there are teams picking and choosing when to take a week or two off and blaming the Rona protocols. I think there will be NO college football next year when the country is put back on total quarantine.
Fauci says we'll have a vaccine.

Vaccine timeline is looking good so far for things to be pretty close to normal next fall. I wouldn't be so pessimistic.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Not a big deal. We just need more recruiting classes and time to reassemble the roster.

pianoman

Varsity Lurker
Interesting to me that the MAC games are all on again tonight, every week, three channels worth without a hitch. Figured upper Midwest would be getting hit, or maybe they play regardless.
Not complaining...nice mid week fix, anything but news/politics for goodness sake.

Keyser Soze

Likes Staff's Member
Interesting to me that the MAC games are all on again tonight, every week, three channels worth without a hitch. Figured upper Midwest would be getting hit, or maybe they play regardless.
Not complaining...nice mid week fix, anything but news/politics for goodness sake.
Wonder if their testing/protocols are different? I know a lot of high schools that haven’t missed a game

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
I get this argument, but on the other hand, we still count the games played during wartime. To do otherwise, we would be making dwag-like excuses.
You're right, count the season. The game against us that UGA forfeited this year should also be counted in the series record.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
Wonder if their testing/protocols are different? I know a lot of high schools that haven’t missed a game
it's gotta be protocols .. less contact tracing, less testing, who knows. yall here about the woman that got a covid test swab in both nostrils? they put both swabs in same machine, one negative, one positive. smh.