"GT will be nation's best rushing team this yr"

They must do their rankings and then write the blurbs because this doesn't make sense:

"Alabama should be 5-0, when they head to Oxford to take on Ole Miss"

Well... then why do you have them ranked #9 and VPISU #5? If UA should be 5-0 then they should be ranked above VPISU.

They must do their rankings and then write the blurbs because this doesn't make sense:

Well... then why do you have them ranked #9 and VPISU #5? If UA should be 5-0 then they should be ranked above VPISU.

Because the BCS is the dumbest system ever contrived for predicting who is the best in college football. We hopefully will have a playoff system in my lifetime.

When have rankings ever made a bit of sense? And the only way for us to go to the BCS national championship is to go undefeated... which IS possible!!!:fingersx::fingersx::fingersx:

I think the poll is meant to say

:hsugh: that is where the 'scribe' believes the teams will finish in the last poll of the season, after the Bowl Games. He's not trying to say the place each team will be in after the 1st game or the 3rd gm or the 5th gm. In other words, VT could lose to Ala & then run the table to end up #5.
Well, that's what I get out of it:<)

Re: I think the poll is meant to say

:hsugh: that is where the 'scribe' believes the teams will finish in the last poll of the season, after the Bowl Games. He's not trying to say the place each team will be in after the 1st game or the 3rd gm or the 5th gm. In other words, VT could lose to Ala & then run the table to end up #5.
Well, that's what I get out of it:<)

I don't think you get ranked #5 when you have at least two losses.

;)

Being the #1 rushing team is no major feat for the biggesst rush-first team in the country.

Being the #1 rushing team is no major feat for the biggesst rush-first team in the country.

I have to agree with "Paint Ball Her" on this. Posting huge rushing yards is our calling card....our MO if you will.

Its very much the same as :

"Duke will lead the NCAA in free throws attempted"

OR

"Ugay will lead the NCAA in alcohol related arrest"

I have to agree with "Paint Ball Her" on this. Posting huge rushing yards is our calling card....our MO if you will.

OR

:roflmao: +1

Here we go again....this is a Tech board, STFU.

I thought you and I were past the childish insults? It's a simple fact. There is no other team in the NCAA that is of the caliber as GT that runs an offense like this. It would be asinine to even consider that an other team should beat GT out. Sure, it happened last year, but it was the first year.

I fully realize that it's a Tech board, and I apologize for not being a homer. However, you guys might wanna realize that being called "the best rushing team this year" is really nothing special.

OR

This guy has the idea.

"I fully realize that it's a Tech board, and I apologize for not being a homer. However, you guys might wanna realize that being called "the best rushing team this year" is really nothing special."

So we should want to be the second best rushing team? If you aren't impressed, why not just stay out of it? We weren't the best rushing team last year, so does that mean we sucked? BTW, what insult? I just told you to stay out of this, I didnt call you anything.

So we should want to be the second best rushing team? If you aren't impressed, why not just stay out of it? We weren't the best rushing team last year, so does that mean we sucked? BTW, what insult? I just told you to stay out of this, I didnt call you anything.

I said nothing of the sort. What I said was that Tech has no excuse NOT to be the best at what it does, given the limited constituency that runs this offense.

What you're referring to (RE: "second best") was when I was saying that not being the best last year was attributed to NOTHING more than being year one. Being so close to being number one in year one proves that no one will be able to perform at the same levvel.

As far as insults, "shut the **** up" is an insult to me. Maybe we have different views.

I am going to have to take both sides on this one. Oh and NCJACKET, I too am a GSU student, but I bleed white and old gold baby.

While we are a huge rush first team we SHOULD be the best. It makes sense. +1 GSU Paintballer

At the same time, we could run the ball every play but never be the best in the country, or projected. We could suck. We could be around the 20th best, 30th best, etc. It is a great accomplishment IMO that everyone is looking at GT as being the BEST as what we specialize in. It's one thing to specialize in something, it's another to specialize successfully and that is what we are getting recognition for. If Mike Leach's QB threw every play but only completed 50% of his passes they would be mediocre even though they are pass happy. It'd be like GT running the ball every play and averaging 2 yards. +1 NCJACKET

I am going to have to take both sides on this one. Oh and NCJACKET, I too am a GSU student, but I bleed white and old gold baby.

While we are a huge rush first team we SHOULD be the best. It makes sense. +1 GSU Paintballer

At the same time, we could run the ball every play but never be the best in the country, or projected. We could suck. We could be around the 20th best, 30th best, etc. It is a great accomplishment IMO that everyone is looking at GT as being the BEST as what we specialize in. It's one thing to specialize in something, it's another to specialize successfully and that is what we are getting recognition for. If Mike Leach's QB threw every play but only completed 50% of his passes they would be mediocre even though they are pass happy. It'd be like GT running the ball every play and averaging 2 yards. +1 NCJACKET

You just did a good job of arguing why it is significant to be the top rushing program regardless of whether we specialize in a running attack. (BTW, LOTS of schools have an attack that is primarily on the ground. You don't grade on a curve downwards because you are more successful with your scheme.)

You did a less thorough job arguing that dismissing an accomplishment like being the tops in any category (running, passing, defense, kicking, coin calling) makes any sense.

The Texas Tech analogy is quite good.

Back