GTAA Fail

S
My tix through GTAA are section 136 row 24. (Got one for sale if anybody’s looking - girlfriend had a brain hemorrhage and can’t go.)

I’ve been buying road game tix through GTAA for every game for a couple of decades and haven’t ever had a problem (other than bad seats, but IIWII).

JRjr
so you're still going to the game?

The tickets might've been lost in the mail. The person at the AA might have had an emergency. So you are looking kind of like a jerk

So what section are you in? And when did you get your tickets? Oh, your not going......just what I thought. You’d rather stay here and be an asshat. Understood. For reasonable people, it would make sense to use FedEx, UPS or other traceable methods of delivery. Not like the tickets weren’t way overpriced.

Does the AA actually get a cut of the ticket sales?

Just curious, because in this situation it would have made more sense to buy on Stubhub and just cut the AA a check for the difference.

Good idea but if we all order through Stubhub no need to contribute to the AA because they can cut salaries by laying off those in the ticket office.

To settle this, this is not the case. I actually specifically asked my rep about this when I called to order some away game tickets for this season, since prices online were cheaper than those offered by GTAA. He told me they do not benefit financially from sales of away game tickets and not to worry about it if that was my rationale for ordering through them.

200.gif

I hope you mean a metaphorical brain hemorrhage

Alas, no - happened back in June, month in the ICU, a whole thing. She’s doing better, but not quite ready to travel yet. Since I’ve been going to the hospital/rehab/etc. to see her basically every day since June 4th (plus taking care of business stuff, etc.), an occasional day off is needed for both of our sakes. :-)

JRjr

Not really sure if i understand all the back & forth, but pretty sure that when these schools sign game contracts the visitor is obligated to TRY and sell a certain number of tickets at the price the home team stipulates.

Frankly, it's Ga Tech at Temple
You can probably get a great deal on walk up tickets. And then be able to sit wherever you like.

At least Philly's not a bad town. New Ark, Delaware, on the other hand....

Frankly, it's Ga Tech at Temple
You can probably get a great deal on walk up tickets. And then be able to sit wherever you like.

At least Philly's not a bad town. New Ark, Delaware, on the other hand....

You are right and that is the point. Tried to support the AA and it just didn’t work out. Was told by the AA that the tickets were mailing last week yet some folks have responded and said they got their tickets 3 weeks ago. The lesson is, get road game tickets elsewhere.

You are right and that is the point. Tried to support the AA and it just didn’t work out. Was told by the AA that the tickets were mailing last week yet some folks have responded and said they got their tickets 3 weeks ago. The lesson is, get road game tickets elsewhere.
REPOST

This happens every year for away games and bowls

Again, just to defend the GTAA a little, I’ve bought away game tix to at least 100 games from them over the last 20 years, and I’ve never not gotten my tickets well ahead of time.

JRjr

Back