GTGs

The best Juice song has already been recorded. @Fredge

Loved the Gourds..... wish I could've seen them live When I first heard this song (I guess 2000-2001) I had no idea it was a cover. Didn't really know what they were going for, but I justvassumed it was an original. As much underground öööö as I listen to, I'm sure I'm even more out of touch with rap now

It just wouldn't be Tech if we didn't eat our own. Of course their stuff seems way cornier taken >10 years out of context. The GTGs were fine then, but they are old farts now like us. Hopefully some current students can create something that gets their fellow students involved.

It just wouldn't be Tech if we didn't eat our own. Of course their stuff seems way cornier taken >10 years out of context. The GTGs were fine then, but they are old farts now like us. Hopefully some current students can create something that gets their fellow students involved.
Let’s hope not

They are actually friends of mine. They were very self aware of the ridiculousness. They have families of their own now and a reunion would probably be unlikely. Plus, as someone stated, it's not really on brand anymore with CGC at the helm.

Family sucks! Entertain us!

Last edited:
Tbh it really worked for the time. It was 2008. Things like that could exist because there wasnt many rap songs about a college football team. So even if they weren't that great, it was unique. And internet culture was completely different. I mean just look at Youtube back then. it was Annoying Orange, Fred, and maybe Shane Dawson. The GTGs were fun back then but it just wouldnt fit now and would come off as really lame and dorky. I'm glad for what they did back then and thought it was great, and still do. But it is really dated.

Also, lest we forget. OK State had the WORST song for their football team.
They played this before all their home games and literally nobody likes it.
We could have gotten so much worse.

Back