GT's greatest team/season

In my lifetime, I’d rank them:

2000 is always underrated by our fans. Lost by 5 to the eventual national champs; and a heart breaker to Phillip Rivers @ NC state. Conceivably 2 plays from playing in the natty. Beat a top 5 Clemson team on the road; and smoked a good UGA team.

2014 was rolling at the end; but the first half of the season wasn’t pretty.

In my lifetime, I’d rank them:

2000 is always underrated by our fans. Lost by 5 to the eventual national champs; and a heart breaker to Phillip Rivers @ NC state. Conceivably 2 plays from playing in the natty. Beat a top 5 Clemson team on the road; and smoked a good UGA team.

2014 was rolling at the end; but the first half of the season wasn’t pretty.

so many close losses in 99-01. Two Florida State heartbreakers. That damn hook and lateral. Joe crapping the bed against WF. 1 pt loss to UVA. Joe Burns Fumblefest against Maryland. Woody Dantzler.

fun times with great teams but could have been a lot more.

Started following Tech in 1997.

1) 1998
2) 2009
3) 2014
4) 2000

Nothing more fun than the O'Leary era from 97 to 01.

so many close losses in 99-01. Two Florida State heartbreakers. That damn hook and lateral. Joe crapping the bed against WF. 1 pt loss to UVA. Joe Burns Fumblefest against Maryland. Woody Dantzler.

fun times with great teams but could have been a lot more.

Ugh, so that Joe Burns run out of bounds then fumble game still gives me heartburn. Maryland went to the OB that year, no reason that couldn’t have been us. I think that was the hook and latter year? And the year where the FSU game got pushed to the end of the year (they wouldn’t have had qb if we played in September). 2001 might be the most underachieving teams of the Last 20 years, along with 2015

Back