Guess who wants to play?

LLCoolJacket

Damn Good Rat
I have heard that Bobby Ross will be coaching in the conference next year.

The early guesses are Duke, Clemson, or one other. Oh well, good luck Coach Ross.

Go Jackets!
wink.gif

I'll believe that only when I see it. Bobby has denied publicly that he's interested in coaching anymore. I know people change their minds but unless his health has improved dramatically he won't be back IMO.

Ross is getting up in his years, his best days are probably behind him. I think most schools would rather have a coach in his prime, unless the coach is to be an interim coach.

Father Time

Ahso, a 2-3 year stop gap is the situation I have heard. I have wondered if he has AD aspirations.

I remember coming back on a plane from the Virgin islands the day after the BIG UVA win for us in 1990 and i met a guy who knew Coach Ross in Maryland..He warned me there that he was a nomad and didnt stay ANYWHERE more than 5 years...Sure enough he was right...He is a GREAT coach though in my book...He needs to be at a lower tier program like Duke or Vanderbilt though as NO major program should take him for the short period he would be there...

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:
I have heard that Bobby Ross will be coaching in the conference next year.

The early guesses are Duke, Clemson, or one other. Oh well, good luck Coach Ross.

Go Jackets!
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LL,
Any chance that Boss Ross could start....err...uh....TODAY?!?!?!

Let us all pray.

PS. I still have an extra Boss Ross bumper sticker.....I will have it on standby...ready to put it on the vehicle on a (wonderful) moments notice.

VMI could use some help. That way he wouldn't have to leave Lexington, heaven on earth.

Back