HAL: Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
Re: HAL: Just what do you think you\'re doing, Dave?

Goldtoof, I will not defend nor attack Braine in all of this matter, because I am not privy to all that took place.

I will say this, it does not appear to be the function of Braine to take up for the academic side of Tech. It appears to me the title "Athletic Administrator" indicates it is his responsibility to take up for the athletic side of the house.

So, your last statements have a lot of merit.

wink.gif

Re: HAL: Just what do you think you\'re doing, Dave?

Braine has been entrusted to steer the ship, if he occasionally runs aground, ok, mistakes are made by us all, but there has got to be better damage control.

C'mon Dave, grab the bull by the ballz and take control unless you want to get gored by the bull!
There is still time for someone to 'fix' this mess.

I am mystified as to why the school does not take a firm stand, lawsuit threat maybe?

HAL: Just what do you think you\'re doing, Dave?

There is a growing dislike of the public face of
the GT admin management style.

If Braine had held a news conference and stated that a task force, committee, whatever had been formed to investigate and recommend a course of action with a timeline for those recommendations to be implemented, and periodic status reports of the process, Braine could have then exhibited a sense of control over the situation and GT fans,
alumni, and supporters would be feeling better about this situation. Why this was not done is the mystery that is source of all the uncertainty. The man did not visibly take control, as a result he will ultimately be controlled. Evidently, he did not want to rock somebody's boat or we are just being kept in the dark. I am inclined to presume the later. Is it so dang tough to setup a website and dispense this information? Hell no!

I think the GT admin is operating under the assumption that their primary responsibility is
to run an academic institution to produce future
employers and employees, not athletes. I agree with this in principle but also think that college
athletics has evolved into needing a more consideration from a management perspective -
fan, alumni, supporter expectations have to be
managed in good times and bad and the folks at
GT don't appear to get it.

Back