Half empty or Half full?

Paranoid, keep digging. It must be frustrating in the deep hole. It appears you are beginning to hallucinate.

Father Time

I wouldn't make decisions based on recruiting "guru"'s ideas of a recruiting class. In 1999, Greg Gathers wasn't even mentioned when they noted the top players that Tech signed in its class (ie Fox & Smith were the 2 headliners). I don't remember the exact words about him but they were something like "smallish defensive end who may contribute on special teams".

My point is that these kids play under such a variety of different head coaches and against such a wide variety of competition that it is nearly impossible to judge how a kid will do in college. Each one of these kids is usually the "stud of the walk" where he comes from and is used to being so much better that it comes as an eye-opener to every player how much faster the college game is played.

Originally posted by nathogt:
Chan should be coach of the year if he gets 7 wins.

A question for you guys that are expecting 7 wins. If he gets 4 or 5, will you be calling for his head? For me, this year will be more about how the team plays. I can take 3 wins provided that the team plays tough and that recruiting goes well.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">First, I doubt Gailey looks at the schedule and thinks we realistically can only win 7-9 games. If he does, he should be fired now.

Now to answer your question, I expect seven wins this year and yes, if we only win 4 or 5 I will think long and hard about calling for the man's job. This attitude of accepting losing records as long as we play well is, quite frankly, for losers. When will that attitude be unacceptable for you, year 3, 4, 5? Losing begats losing and the acceptance of it is not good for the program. Now with all that said, this is at least a seven win team (maybe more) and BYU is going to find that out next Thursday.

Ahso..You hit some great points..With all we have working against us this year..I would think if we win 7 games that Gailey should be ACC coach of the year...Am i happy with 7 wins a year NO..Gailey is not happy with this also..He said he came here to win Championships..But i believe that with Ball at QB and the young infusion of talent (Scott,Carter,Grant exct.) the year for us is 2005...we have NEVER entered a season with so few players and young ones at that....

Originally posted by gtmg:
The reason we are ranked so low is our recruiting classes for the past two years have been ranked low. Sorry but last years class, which have several people who will play now, was ranked 8th in the conference just ahead of Duke.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Show me one publication that ranked us 8th in the ACC. Just one. You won't be able to doit, because it's a lie.

Back