"Half-Full or Empty"

oldgoldbee

Flats Noob
I am utterly amazed at some of the posts that I have seen on this board since the end to one of the greatest victories, GEORGIA TECH has had over the arch-rivals, UGAG.

I have seen posts where WE need to consider hiring a new DC, why? Yea, we gave up 42 points to those
bastards, so what? Considering we were playing with a patch-up line up players and filling those voids with
underclassmen, I am proud of our defensive effort yesterday! Yea, WE gave up some big plays, but you know what our defense made some big stops and big plays.

Methinks that our players are getting some good coaching on that side of the ball.

My friends, WE alll owe many thanks to our A.D. and A.A. for having the foresight or fortitude in the hiring of Coach Paul Johnson. WE have an offensive genius on board now.

All of us know how much UGAG hated Coach Steve Spurrier, why? Because he beat them on a regular basis. I foresee the same thing happening to them with our coach, Paul Johnson.

This guy is an offensive genius! Just wait until he gets the players he needs and he has his "system"
fully employed. The best is yet to come!

I remember years ago, when a guy by the name of Homer Smith introduced his new and different offense called the Triple Option upon the college football scene. As I recall a number of elite football programs, i.e. Oklahoma, Alabama, and Texas to name a few installed Homer's offense into their programs. And the rest is history.

I envision our ball coach, doing the same now with
his offense. I can see other program wanting to
use the "Paul Johnson" style of offense into their programs.

In closing, my friends, "please enjoy the ride of your life with the perfect-option."

And please make your glasses half-full, not empty.......OK?

TO HELL WITH GEORGIA

OldGoldBee

Very well stated--I completely agree!! Except right now my glass is overflowing!! Woke up a TON lighter and smiling. My thanks to the coaching staff and all of the players for this tremendous feeling!! By the way are Roddy and Jon now OUR official "Drought Breakers"--screw Theron Sapp!!

I think you are ignoring 95% of the posts on this board and are only addressing 5%. No need for that.

Over the past 6 years there was real division of Tech fans between supporters of CG and people who said he was holding us back.

The people who said he was holding us back thought we should be able to be:

1. Top 25 team every year
2. Recruit top 25 talent
3. Beat UGA a minimum of 50% of the time
4. Make a run at the MNC every 4 to 5 years.

Does anyone, after yesterday, think those expectations are unreasonable? It is so nice to have coach who can execute these.

Thank god for DR and CPJ.

What this staff did this year was simply amazing!

3-9 preseason predictions, 3-9, 3-9, 3-9, 3-9 , 3 and 9

What this staff did this year was simply amazing!

3-9 preseason predictions, 3-9, 3-9, 3-9, 3-9 , 3 and 9

Everytime I think about what CPJ, his staff, and our players accomplished this year... in the face of criticism, naysayers, and doubters no less, it just gives me goosebumps.

:biggthumpup:

I predicted 8 wins this year. He exceeded my expectations.

In all honesty, who among us could have realistically predicted a 9-3 season with a victory over UGA this year? PJ is the best coach in the nation, bar none.

I PREDICT 12-0 EVERY YEAR--then just enjoy the RIDE--never mind the bumps and potholes--IT'S THE RIDE THAT COUNTS!!

In all honesty, who among us could have realistically predicted a 9-3 season with a victory over UGA this year? PJ is the best coach in the nation, bar none.

My thread after CPJ's hiring.

post_old.gif
12-28-2007, 07:46 PM

icon1.gif
Re: New recruiting targets due to HC changes
PJ will recruit talent based on specific skills and speed to maximize the potential for his killer offense. If we loose some people thats not necessarily a bad thing. I have followed PJ since his hiring of OC at GSU in '83. This man can coach. :bowdown: UGAY has never been able to stop PJ's 3-0 so get used to stinging dem dar puppies every year. Don't know about the defense but expect us to win at least 9 the first year.

I thought we could win 8 to 10 because of the talent and the schedule but had second thoughts as we piled up the injury's.
CPJ and the staff did a remarkable job to make the adjustments needed to overcome those obstacles.
The mutts have a good O and very good receivers but with that said, IMO the weather dictated our pass coverage, on a dry field we beat them by 2 TD's easily.

Well I honestly predicted 8 wins. I just knew he was a serious upgrade in coaching and just because of that alone we'd improve upon the season before.

<sarcasm>

...But...But...But...

We are an academic school and will never be able to compete on the national scene!!!111!!11!

</sarcasm>

I am so glad David Braine left our program (even though he is still costing us $1e6/yr with that retarded Gailey contract extension).

I LOVE YOU PAUL JOHNSON!

Back