Hargrove article....

IMHO, his quote about 'something going on there' with regards to Flunk-gate is a direct reflection on Moore and what she didn't do to help those guys. I'm glad CCG made the changes he did to help them, I just wish it had been in time to help Hargrove, Hollings, etc.

Man I wish we couldve had those 2 last year. Wouldve been nice and definately wouldvw changed a lot of things.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/werd.gif

I think the kids got screwed by The Hill, and we got screwed by losing them! Tech did not honor its commitment to help these kids,all 10 of them, get their education;they should have automatically been readmitted and given any tutoring or remediation that they needed to level the playing field of academics! This kind of debacle cannot happen again!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif

This still burns me up....

"I know there are rumors around, 'Oh, maybe he just didn't go to class.' But that's not true. I went to class. I put my time and effort in. It's just that the load was too much for me and I didn't have the help that I needed. If it was just me all by myself, that's one thing. But when there were 10 guys involved, then there was something going on there.''

You think Georgia Tech failed these kids? You bet your ass they did. Hargrove said, "I didn't have the help I needed". Carol Moore should not have been demoted, she should have been fired completely. She is a callous sore on the GT community and offers NOTHING in the way of advisement to the students which was her position for many years. The fact that she was in a position of academic advisement at all is a complete joke. I had a personal experience with her where she tried to have me kicked out with a passing average. She was ridiculous.

GT needs to stop acting like the attrition rate is a point of pride. It is not. It's a complete embaressment and people like Carol Moore only make it worse. If there is one person at GT I would love to see booted out on her sorry ass it is her.

it is a HUGE black eye on the program....

the fact that CG was able to rebound and have a solid recruiting class is amazing.

HOWEVER in principle the school was doing the right thing. Look at the "joke" school in athens. That BB exam set them back 20 years and has been a PR nightmare. I have to believe that Ugag being so bad forces us to swing to the other extreme.

The great thing is the problem has been fixed and will probably not happen again for a LONG time. You almost could argue that this had to happen for the admins to be put into their place. They were constantly fighting with O'leary and always felt THEY could do a better job. Well they had their chance and now you will always have sports people involved in the process.

Re: it is a HUGE black eye on the program....

Sorry I'm late to the party, but what's been changed? Is this just one person's issue or can every share the blame in this.

Regardless, I hope he get picked up the at least by the 3rd round. He'd look good in a Bear uni. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

Back