Harrison Butker

if you're unwilling to use a single scholarship to address one of the biggest areas of need on the team until it is solidified, then I'm glad you're not anywhere close to our recruiting offices.

if you're unwilling to use a single scholarship to address one of the biggest areas of need on the team until it is solidified, then I'm glad you're not anywhere close to our recruiting offices.

+1

It's kind of like all the Detroit Lions fans that bitched when they drafted their 874th WR in a row in the first round a while back. Their past mistakes didn't matter at that point; the fact was that they still had a glaring need at WR and Calvin Freaking Johnson was available.

if you're unwilling to use a single scholarship to address one of the biggest areas of need on the team until it is solidified, then i'm glad you're not anywhere close to our recruiting offices.

this!

So if Butker hadn't worked out, you would have gone out and used a 4th ship on a kicker?

So if Butker hadn't worked out, you would have gone out and used a 4th ship on a kicker?

if you're unwilling to use four scholarships to address one of the biggest areas of need on the team until it is solidified, then I'm glad you're not anywhere close to our recruiting offices.

Loved watching kickoffs sail into the end zone. I remember when George O'Leary was recruiting Manget and the years of Sisson. A great team needs a great kicker.

No considering he's a true freshman, I would've given him a second year to see if he works out the kinks. That would take 2 schollies off the books by the time I'm willing to get another kicker on scholarship.

Kicker was a position that cost us about 3-5 ppg I'd wager last season, it was the easiest area to improve our team significantly with an impact player. We went out and got him, but people still complain.

That 3rd string Linebacker on special teams is not going to give me that kind of swing.

No considering he's a true freshman, I would've given him a second year to see if he works out the kinks. That would take 2 schollies off the books by the time I'm willing to get another kicker on scholarship.

Kicker was a position that cost us about 3-5 ppg I'd wager last season, it was the easiest area to improve our team significantly with an impact player. We went out and got him, but people still complain.

That 3rd string Linebacker on special teams is not going to give me that kind of swing.

In that case, I don't disagree. I was fine taking Butker given the expectations he brought; however had he not worked out this year, I couldn't see us wasting a fourth ship on another unknown next year. I would be fine waiting a year and trying again. I wonder how many schools use more than one scholly on kickers.

Scully's kick offs weren't to bad either. Maybe the competition made him better too....

Back