Harvin to Steelers!

Good to see he hasn’t stopped working! I think the new staff helped revitalize him.

Does McAfee still live in Indy? I can't tell if his fireplace is Midwest or California... Feels Midwest

Steeler fans ready to give him the job.

With all due respect to veteran Jordan Berry, his time with the Steelers could be coming to an end. Rookie Pressley Harvin III was flawless in his debut and showcased all the skills that warranted the Steelers using a draft pick on him.

Heavy.com you say?

But anyway, is he holding for FGs as well? I see some fake FG passes in the Steelers' future.

1628258308047.png

His last punt turned out looking good on paper, but it wasn't a great kick. It took a great bounce that led to a turnover, but it wasn't a great kick. Other than that, he had a very good night and I'm glad to see him doing well.
I don't know if it was on purpose but in several games he would boom a punt and follow it up with a shorter one. As a result the return man is sprinting upfield on the second shorter punt and we got a few fumbles out of it. Again, I'm not sure it it was on purpose but it seemed to work in our favor.

I don't know if it was on purpose but in several games he would boom a punt and follow it up with a shorter one. As a result the return man is sprinting upfield on the second shorter punt and we got a few fumbles out of it. Again, I'm not sure it it was on purpose but it seemed to work in our favor.

Punting from his own 25 yd line, I'm quite confident he was not trying to kick a 35-40 yd line drive hoping for a good roll.

He had a really good game and this was his only 'bad' kick so I don't think it overshadows his performance. I know the Steelers are really looking for consistency in their new punter though. Berry, their previous punter, was pretty inconsistent and if Harvin wants to win the job, that is what he needs to demonstrate.

Heavy.com you say?

But anyway, is he holding for FGs as well? I see some fake FG passes in the Steelers' future.

1628258308047.png

He is; they missed at least one that I saw. Or it could have been a PAT; game was just background noise at that point so not exactly sure what the situation was.

He is; they missed at least one that I saw. Or it could have been a PAT; game was just background noise at that point so not exactly sure what the situation was.

The kicking for both teams last night was pretty horrific. Neither was playing their likely starter. Kickers were 2/5 on FGs and 1/2 on XP. A bunch of the misses weren't even close. The Cowboy kicker missed one by about 15 yards wide

Watching his highlight video it was clear on several punts he knows how to kick it where the ball dies right were it lands just like last night. He also knows how to make it roll when he's got more field to work with. He did it all last night, and while there was luck involved, none of it was by accident.

Looks like Harvin is going to win the job. They got rid of Berry last year but brought him back after a few weeks when his replacement struggled. Hat in looks to have a job, but needs to play well to keep it.

Steelers should also name Pressley the backup QB. He’s their best option. Kill two birds with one stone.

Looks like Harvin is going to win the job. They got rid of Berry last year but brought him back after a few weeks when his replacement struggled. Hat in looks to have a job, but needs to play well to keep it.
As I’m sure you know, but others on here may not, they alternated punts in the last preseason game in an epic punt-off. Really there was no clear separation in that last game, but Thicc Kick is cheaper most likely.

Back