Has anyone here gotten an autograph from

Adam Ridings gt fan

Varsity Lurker
Anyone on the Tech football team i just want to know what the experience was like.I have met players from the beesball team.But have never met anyone from the football,and basketball teams here for GT.
smile.gif

I'm sure a lot of us have. It's always been a big deal for me to go to fan days and meet the players.

I have all kinds of things signed by GT football players, basketball players, and coaches. Not a hole lot with baseball even though I enjoy beesball a great deal.

Throughout the years I have met a number of the players. There are numerous people on StingTalk that consider some of the players on the teams their friends.

Fan days are a great time to meet these guys. They have them every year before the start of the season.

There are other events and things anyone can do just by hanging out that over time you meet players and their families.

Some posters here on StingTalk are students at GT. I knew of one who was and recently graduated.

I'm glad you're interested in meeting the players Adam. Hope you stay that way. Meeting them and their families makes a huge difference in your perspective of the game itself watching on Saturdays.

Hope that over the years you'll meet a lot of them.

Crackerjacket, are all of those player signatures from the same year? If so, which year was it? Curious!

I have a GT football signed by much of the '99 team from fan day. The only 3 I couldn't get were Joe Ham, Dez White, and O'Leary due to long lines. Joe's line had to be a mile long.
I have probably 50 signatures on it. It is something I will keep and pass down in my family.

I have Tony Hollings autograph. I also have had my picture taken with him. If I knew how to post pictures, I would let you all see it. It's a GREAT picture!

I have Tony Hollings autograph. I also have had my picture taken with him. If I knew how to post pictures, I would let you all see it. It's a GREAT picture!

Twiggs, you just be sure to keep thoughs great guys like Tony Hollings headed up to GT!

Bet that's a great picture.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Crackerjacket, are all of those player signatures from the same year? If so, which year was it? Curious!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I've got a signed football from 2001 that is covered.

The helmet is from 2002 and has about 99% of the team
in addition to Coach Gailey, Wes Durham, Randy Rhino,
and Chappel Rhino.

I'm planning on getting a penant or jersey signed
in 2003.

I've also got 8x10s of Godsey, Hamilton, and Brooking
that are signed and will be joining my old programs
and etc on the wall of my rec room.

I've been thinking about bringing my basketball tix
for next season to the Hoops Fest. They look like
trading cards so I think I'll get them all signed
and then get them matted in a frame together. 8)

Originally posted by gtfan1147:
I have a GT football signed by much of the '99 team from fan day. The only 3 I couldn't get were Joe Ham, Dez White, and O'Leary due to long lines. Joe's line had to be a mile long.
I have probably 50 signatures on it. It is something I will keep and pass down in my family.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">My wife works with me on Fan Day. We wait in two
lines at a time and both get sigs. She's a keeper! =]

Crackerjacket, do you realize how great that is to have Kelley, Randy, and Chappell all signed on the same helmet? Unique!

Crackerjacket, do you realize how great that is to have Kelley, Randy, and Chappell all signed on the same helmet? Unique!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yup yup...I can thank my wife for that. She pointed
out that Randy and Chappel were hanging out behind
Kelly's tent. I wandered back there and said hello.

Wes Durham was one of the last to sign and he was
impressed with the number of sigs. He also gave AJ
grief for signing so large. =]

Originally posted by Adam Ridings gt fan:
Yeah crackerjacket that is what i mean.Man that must ahve been quit an experience.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Adam, make sure you come to Fan Day next year. You
will be able to get signatures and photos with the
players.

If my tailgating group organizes anything for that
day I'll be sure to let you know. 8)

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I got "stuck" in the tent with the Rhino family at the end of this year's fan day when it starting pouring down rain. I got Kelley's autograph and picture in 2001, but that was the first time I'd met Randy and Chappell. I got all three of them to sign the back of my media guide.

I've gone to the last two football fan days and went to the hoopsfest this year and got most the players' autographs. Who knows why I didn't start going to them before now...

Originally posted by Adam Ridings gt fan:
Does anyone have one or met one of the players.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Late to the thread and the board, but I just felt like adding that I gave Jonathan Cox a stick of super glue after he dropped a sure interception at the end of either the Virginia or the NC State game -- I forgot which one. He asked me for some more after the Duke game.
tongue.gif

Back