Has the CPJ era ‘Jumped The Shark?’

I know everyone is tired of hearing it but we need better players. We have some nice pieces but also some glaring deficiencies in talent. I for one don't think CPJ is a bad head coach. Maybe A thought would be move Roof to assistant HC/recruiting coordinator and hire someone with a bit more dynamic D.

We need a passing game, though. That much is certain. I love the 3O but we can't expect to just run for 400 yards every single game. Sometimes it just isn't going to work.

I know everyone is tired of hearing it but we need better players. We have some nice pieces but also some glaring deficiencies in talent. I for one don't think CPJ is a bad head coach. Maybe A thought would be move Roof to assistant HC/recruiting coordinator and hire someone with a bit more dynamic D.

Why does Roof have a guaranteed job?

the öööö are you talking about

I said other than the occasional win against them and 2014.

He's had four good years, two of those being in the last eight. Not terrible, not great. Probably better than what the next guy will do, whenever that is, but not exactly worth erecting a statue over either.

we just lost there with CPJ so...?

It wasn't raining when the Cadavers were on offense?

We didn't win for 16 years or whatever before CPJ. I think the last win was 1990.

The SEC is about to fire half of their coaches, and that's with oversigning, lower academics, etc. CPJ beat Georgia two out of last three years, and won 9+ games two out of last three years. I don't know what kind of magic you guys think would happen with another coach.

This is the last thing I'll say before I avoid the post-loss Stingtalk big crying and gnashing of teeth...

Paul Johnson's accomplishnents are the ceiling for this program as it currently stands. On the list of things that would make us a better, "Fire Paul Johnson", if it is even on the list, is so far down that it's basically negligible. There is not a better coach that is going to come here and build a program.

Last edited:
I said other than the occasional win against them and 2014.

He's had four good years, two of those being in the last eight. Not terrible, not great. Probably better than what the next guy will do, whenever that is, but not exactly worth erecting a statue over either.

and how many of the 10 years before he arrived equaled his best year?

how about his second best year?

Why does Roof have a guaranteed job?
His strength seems to be recruiting. We have a good cast with little depth behind the DL. We are vastly outgunned on both lines against most we play. That is a function of our O style and the school.

His strength seems to be recruiting. We have a good cast with little depth behind the DL. We are vastly outgunned on both lines against most we play.

Sounds like he would be a great special teams coach/recruiting coordinator.

It’s very tough to say that this season. We are inches from 2009 and 2014 his year. Just like we were inches from .500 those seasons. Dumb to think this way based on a few bad bounces.

What I mean is. GT is a feared member of the Coastal. We aren’t an afterthought and we can’t base coaching decisions strictly on wins and losses. We can’t afford to.

Last edited:
Back