Hassan Hall to the Jackets

agt45

Distinguished Gentleman
CB9CD708-C62A-497F-A5A2-F7FB8C9A6C6D.jpeg

You can link a tweet here instead of a screenshot... all you have to do is post the URL and it embeds for you:

Experience
Demonstrated production
This is a good pickup. RB needs more experience beyond Dontae. I know Griffin is still around but Smith has gotten a little more workload over the years
Then again, it’s also a new RB coach, so I wonder how that dynamic will play out

Experience
Demonstrated production
This is a good pickup. RB needs more experience beyond Dontae. I know Griffin is still around but Smith has gotten a little more workload over the years
Then again, it’s also a new RB coach, so I wonder how that dynamic will play out
It’s always good to have a 3rd option at RB in case the starter or back up go down.

It’s always good to have a 3rd option at RB in case the starter or back up go down.
i don't see Hall as a third option
he might be 1A or 1B with Dontae, depending on what the new O looks like
I don't see someone like Hall leaving Looouhvul to be a sporadic carries guy

He carried it 38 times in 9 games. He’s already a sporadic carries guy.

He carried it 38 times in 9 games. He’s already a sporadic carries guy.
Agree. I like the add but I’ll be surprised if Hall comes in and is a solid #2. There’s Smith that played extremely well every time he got in the game. If he’s not our featured back, I’ll be amazed. Griffin didn’t see the field because he was behind Smith and 2 future NFL’ers. Hall brings depth to the squad, but to think a 3 carry a game guy is gonna waltz in here & be #1 is pretty optimistic.

Agree. I like the add but I’ll be surprised if Hall comes in and is a solid #2. There’s Smith that played extremely well every time he got in the game. If he’s not our featured back, I’ll be amazed. Griffin didn’t see the field because he was behind Smith and 2 future NFL’ers. Hall brings depth to the squad, but to think a 3 carry a game guy is gonna waltz in here & be #1 is pretty optimistic.
Long has always tried to be a 'run first' OC and leaned heavily on one back, but he doesn't know any of these guys, other than on tape. All of them had limited duty and Hall's stat line looks as strong as our returning players. It looks pretty wide open to me.

Dontae will fill Gibbs' role
Jamious will fill Mason's role (gotta work on pass pro though)
Hall will fill Dontae's role + possibly AP returner (punts and kickoffs)

Also don't sleep on the incoming freshmen. I think both will get some PT but hopefully we don't have to burn any shirts.

Long has always tried to be a 'run first' OC and leaned heavily on one back, but he doesn't know any of these guys, other than on tape. All of them had limited duty and Hall's stat line looks as strong as our returning players. It looks pretty wide open to me.
You could be right. I’m sure Long will assess what he has. Hopefully he’s good at that AND putting a game plan around his player’s strengths. That would be an outstanding change and is probably worth 2-3 wins per season by that alone.

Back