Have a short GT story about a friend :-)

GTTerrific

Dodd-Like
This is not just related to football. It's related to all GT sports. Since my friend is mainly a Huge GT football fan thought I'd put it here. My friend is also a relative to one Billy Teas who played for Bobby Dodd back in the early 50's. Some here I'm sure remember Billy. He's buried up the street from me because of relatives here in east Hall County even though he was from TN. Of note Billy was on those Dodd teams that never lost to UGA.

The first signs of spring are showing in this part of GA. My friend's mother years and years ago planted those beautiful yellow blooming flowers that are the first to pop up in early spring. Forgive me for not knowing what they are although they're common even in my yard. Went over to my friend's house this weekend. Have many times, but the shrubs down by the road have all been cut down. You've got a clear line of sight into his yard from the road. Have always notice the gorgeous blooms this time of year, but never have been able to see what design they were in. Honestly never knew they were in a design because you're looking down sort of in woods. The flowers were planted back in his teen years. He's now 40ish. They make a perfect huge GT that's about I'd guess 50ftX50ft. It's perfect too. Absolute thing of beauty!
Had to share with all of you!

Go Jackets!

A great story. I remember Billy very well and those years were good times. I'm in the sunset of my life now and I look back on those years with nostalgia.

Forcinthia's - also referred to as "Yellow Bells", I believe.

So let the jokes roll about a gy who knows the name of a deciduous fauna or two
grin.gif

Originally posted by TIAR,B:

grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ha Ha Ha. Thanks for the lesson there TIAR,B!

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
GTT, I don't generally try to correct a spelling error, but this one seems justified. The name is Billy Teas.

Hope this is okay.

wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thanks you, and will correct it. Thanks!

TAIR,B;

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Would that be the same as Jonquils?
jonquils.jpg

GTT - How 'bout taking a snapshot and posting it for us! That's a great story!

I remember Billy as a great Tech player and also when I feel nastalgic(sp) remember my days in the old Stadium in the south endzone feeling that if Tech went up against anyone Dodd would figure a way to win.

"Forcinthia's - also referred to as "Yellow Bells", I believe. So let the jokes roll about a gy who knows the name of a deciduous fauna or two."

Tiar B, I am mightily impressed that you knew about them "Forcinthias"; I am even more impressed with that word, "deciduous".

And if any of you gys laugh, I will hit you with my purse.
grin.gif

grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You certainly didn't learn that kind of language at Tech!
wink.gif

GTT....Can you get us a nice digital pic. I would like to have that....sounds neat

Jonquils or March flowers are what I think you are referring to. That is what the picture is above. Forsythia is the green bush that bears yellow flowers in the early spring.

Originally posted by FatJacket:
Jonquils or March flowers are what I think you are referring to. That is what the picture is above. Forsythia is the green bush that bears yellow flowers in the early spring.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes Yes. That's it..... Jonquils.
smile.gif
Just like posted above.

I may not know much about the bellyseries, but I do know a little about landscaping etc...
laugh.gif

Originally posted by FatJacket:
I may not know much about the bellyseries, but I do know a little about landscaping etc...
laugh.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well the Bellyseries is a mystery around here. He's similar to jonquils though. They come up fast and bloom quick. Bellyseries comes up with one liners fast and jabs quick.
wink.gif

Oh, you were talking about the bellyseries in regards to football.
grin.gif

EDIT: Bellyseries, hope you didn't read into what I was saying. Enjoy your post here a great deal.
grin.gif

Could those 'yellow bells' be forsythias, by chance? Y'all need to down to the Forsythia Festival in lovely Forsyth GA this weekend and en-joy an old-fashioned, downtown street vendors and small-town party!

Oh, I believe they are actually seasonal flowers and not deciduous fauna. Selah.

drinking.gif
blue.gif
drinking.gif

thanks gtt! i like that story. my jacket memories go back to the early 60's and while i don't remember seeing billy teas i CERTAINLY remember my dad tellin me about what a great player he was!

Back