Have any of you seen this öööö?

Who cares? We got the W
Not to steal the thunder of my learned StinGTalk brethren but apparently if a player slides, the referee can call the player down at the point where the slide starts which may have not quite been in the endzone.

Not to steal the thunder of my learned StinGTalk brethren but apparently if a player slides, the referee can call the player down at the point where the slide starts which may have not quite been in the endzone.
It was close but he was in

So something somebody said (sorry, can't recall who) got me thinkin. What was the line on this game? Any chance Miami was just trying to cover by scoring one more TD to make it 27 to 17?
I thought Miami was trying to get their running back 200 yards.

The best throw in that video may have been by whoever threw the water bottle from the direction of the other end zone and hit Leary in the foot

From the angle the bottle comes in, must've been a long throw

Notwithstanding the fumble, did he get over 100?
The ESPN box score guy turned the game off early. But yeah. Finished with 106

1718270819441.png

Does the spot at which a slide begins apply to every ball carrier? And not just a QB?

Not sure if it is any ball carrier, but they do have to be giving themselves up (i.e. not attempting to gain additional yardage). That clearly wasn’t the case here.

Not sure if it is any ball carrier, but they do have to be giving themselves up (i.e. not attempting to gain additional yardage). That clearly wasn’t the case here.
If it had been a Miami player, you'd be arguing the opposite.

Jasper Sanks fumbled, BTW.

If it had been a Miami player, you'd be arguing the opposite.

Jasper Sanks fumbled, BTW.
I agree, only a dumbass would just throw the ball out that quick after getting tackled with the game on the line

I just never get tired of watching this clip and the YouTube final-minute-of-the-game videos.

I actually noticed something today I missed all those other times. Aiden Birr was preparing for the call to kick a FG - we were only down by 3. But no one on the GT sideline was even thinking 3 points and OT. That's what I love about this staff and this team. It's like we have Paul Johnson and George O'Leary rolled into one (inexperience not withstanding). I know there are mixed feelings about those two but when it came down to game management in the final minutes, those two are among the best and Key has a little of both of them.

Back