have no fear

toe meets leather

Flats Noob
if chan isnt fired right way,he wil be after we go 2-10 and endure about 5 good stompings.furthermore by the 5th game there will be alot of empty seats at bobby dodd stadium except for the opposition.

How right you are toe. The real highlight of this season will be the slugfest with UNC - similar coaching capabilities.

Another chance to make some money. I have already offered Father Wasp a bet we will win more than two games. He did not take me up on it. Toe Meets Leather are you willing to wager a bet? I will bet we win more games than two on even odds. Do I have a bet?

rolleyes.gif

One more time.

This time last year we were talking about maybe winning more than 9 games.

This year we are talking about maybe winning 2 games.

Don't you get it?

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Looking at the people we lost you will have to look on the bright side of things. Though we lost 2 RBs we will return PJ (who had a good spring) Ace, and a big time recruit. We still have good recievers, though not very deep. We seen to only work with 2 wideout sets now anyways. We have a stockpile of young LBs coming in to join D Smith, Ather, and Key. Hargrove was a big loss, but remember there is a pretty big name returning to the flats. Just some things to think about.

GSUJacket, I will answer you one more time, just like I did the last time.

This is not my statement of how many games we will win. It is merely calling out the one making the statement that we will win only two games.

I will bet him we win at least three just to call his bluff. Is he or anyone else stating we will win only two games willing to bet on it? I believe they are just blowing in the wind.

So, this is the second time I have answered this for you. Are you going to ask it again the next time? If so, just come back to this post and reread it.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Wow. You obviously dont know a thing about BOB. Last years offense was Gaileys, I hate to tell you. Yes, offensive coordinator was pretty much just a title. BOB ran an offense that GT must have in order to beat the big guys. Obviously Gailey didnt see it that way. I hate to tell everyone here, but Tech cant overpower the teams we play. To win at Tech you must implement special things. Friedgen knew what it was, and i guarantee BOB was close enough to feeling it. Too bad he never got the chance.

Ahso.. Always very humorous to see someone wrap themselves around a religious quote, then carry on & act like you do... Either dump the quote or start acting like you live it..

I'm with Fish on this one. Gailey took the reigns as I recall and in one of his lapsing moments was even quoted as saying he was "going to get more involved with the offense." By the way, Aho, that was HIM with his play sheet out making the calls in that classic coaching event called the Silicon Valley Bowl. That followed his fold the arms and stand 75 feet away during the Georgia fiasco. I, and Georgia, were really caught off guard by putting Jonathan Smith at Quarterback for the last game of the season. That sideline route with 22 seconds to go before halftime really fooled that second team cornerback from Fresno State too, didn't it? Of course, Fresno knew that by the time we went with Bilbo, they had exactly three plays to prepare for, of which the quarterback draw is run 75% of the time.

Let's get real here. The man is a head coach. If he didn't approve of what O'Brien was doing, step in and make it known your taking over. Don't stand back in the shadows and leave everyone wondering who is in charge.

I admit O'Brien was not the man for the job. But he shouldn't be the fall guy for the program.

Father Wasp, I am not saying BOB was the fall guy. I am saying it is just as possible he was the problem as Gailey was the problem.

My contention is this year's performance will give us a good understanding as to whose fault it was last year.

wink.gif

I of course don't know if it was BOB or Gailey as I wasn't in the box nor on the sidelines. I will fault CCG if BOB was the problem on offense last year he should have fired him if in mid season or the beginning or at the end prior to the 51-7 at the mongrels place.

I did not see your reply

It wasn't really directed at you just that people have gone from talking about 10 wins to maybe 2 wins in less than a year.

I don't know what is going on but it makes me think something is wrong.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

I think 2 is a bit low. But I will take on all comers on this one, I say we do not win more than 4.5 games. We go 5 and 7 or better and you win, 4 and 8 or worse and I win.

GSUJacket, yes, there is definitely something bad going on. I am also curious as to the real problem.

It sounds like a few on this board have narrowed it down to Moore. Of course, I don't know her, but she does seem to be a big cog in the gears of the academic situation.

It will be interesting to find out the real truth, whatever it may be.

I really can't say Gailey is not part of the problem, but I can't say he is. I am like most on the board, in the dark and would like some answers.

I just don't like to see people take cheap shots when they really don't know the real score.

It is real easy to sit back and lay blame when we don't know the score. It is the wise person who waits until he has the proper information to make decisions.

I think it is proper for the fans to put pressure on the administration to find out the problems and fix them. I don't think it is proper to lay blame on somebody just because we don't like that person.

wink.gif

Ahso, 2 wins, 3 wins, 4 wins does it really make a big difference. The message your missing is that expectations have gone from winning 9 or 10 to salvaging a few wins.

The once bright future is now just a flickering hope that we do not get humiliated by the big boys. You fail to grasp what has happened in just the last 1.5 years. Wake up and smell the coffee!

Go Jackets!

McDaddy, you might have a bet. I will monitor the events as they unfold and get back to you. I will take you up on the bet if we lose only the eight indicated.

Since there was a post indicating 53 athletes are in trouble, I will wait to see how that unfolds.

wink.gif

I wouldnt single out Carol Moore. There are quite a few academic advisors at the AA. SA's have to turn in weekly academic reports, none of which go directly to Ms. Moore. Each sport has its own advisors to consult with. It is hard to believe these people couldnt tell what was going on when they have all grades in every class at their disposal.

Ahso, we needn't wait for anything.. The coach is paid for 2 things: To win football games & graduate players.. It is the same at every major university... Now, there may be an underling that helped contribute greatly to the problem.. Doesn't deflect the fact that Gailey's job is to win games & graduate players..

Nice try with the, "let's wait & see" excuse.. Sorry, no sale..

Btw, I do agree with you that 2 wins is not realistic.. If need to lay off any of that action I'm more than willing..

Jerry The Jacket, I don't need the coffee, I am wide awake, thank you.

As stated previously many times, no person of any common sense can lay all the blame of last year on Gailey. Only after this year can we have a trend without BOB.

It is "fact", the offense was the biggest problem last year along with inept quarterback play. Since BOB knows nothing about offense without Friegden, he is very suspect as being the problem with the offense.

The first year, he had a good quarterback trained under Friegen, and, even then, many of the calls were suspect. Given the weak offense, obvious morale problems, there is every reason to give Gailey this year to observe him without having BOB tied around his neck.

Also, the current problem with the academics can not be proved to be Gailey's fault. There have already been many factors named contributing to it. So, it is not clear that Gailey is responsible for the academics.

Now, just because you have blindly followed the blind leaders in an effort to get rid of Gailey, that does not make you an expert on the problems. My position is much more sane than your position.

I say we find out the problem and also allow this year to progress and find out if any of the onfield problems are corrected. All you can say is fire Gailey. Your position is much more insane than my position.

Maybe, you need to get some coffee, wake up, and realize there is a real world out here.

BeeBad, you are not literate enough to debate me. As I have stated previously, go read some of my posts and my position over the past few days and come back and debate me.

On the other hand, you need a lot more education to debate me. Maybe, you need to go back at least six months and read all my posts before you try to debate me.

At present, your posts and your views are too insignificant to fool with.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Back