Haynes King honorable mention - my A$$

Where does this ACC hate for GT come from? I don’t get it.

4th best QB!?

For fans, it’s a nice talking point to gloat about your team. For players who put in blood, sweat, and tears, being disrespected like that it’s crap.

Tough to win awards as a QB when your team is 6-6. Not saying it's right but it tends to be the way it is. Combine that with the fact that he threw the third most interceptions in the country and that's probably why he's only an honorable mention.

Next year is the year.

Where does this ACC hate for GT come from? I don’t get it.
It is the same assholes who are saying the SEC or BIG10 wants Clemson, FSU, UNC, UVA, NC State, Miami and conveniently leave out the school located in the capitol of college football. I guarantee you most Auburn and Alabama fans would much rather, upon reflection, be making trips to GT in Atlanta over any of those other schools.

It is douchebaggery. There are literally 4 schools in the ACC who have accomplished anything meaningful in their football history - GT, Clemson, Miami, FSU. (Maybe you could throw Pittsburgh in there)

Yall butthurt he is 4th and not 3rd? Plummers team went 10-2 and he didn’t throw 16 picks.

No way he would be over Travis or Drake

he’ll be on all the preseason lists next year. Won’t be surprised if we are a borderline ranked team as well given there is a season opening game to hype and we have a marquee qb

Just gonna assume that Key is going to run away with ACC COY seeing as how he finished 4th with only 1 out of 75 All ACC spots.

Plummer over King is laughably bad. UL fans don’t even want him starting anymore.

He played really well. With a big tear I think he goes pro. Sad to see him miss out on postseason accolades as those can be parlayed into advertising opportunities. Hopefully some hype comes his way next season.

Haynes King is one of only two players in the nation with at least 2,700 passing yards, 600 rushing yards, 25 touchdown passes and five touchdown runs this season (joining LSU’s Jayden Daniels), and one of only six ACC players to achieve those numbers in a regular season since 2000.

Yeah, he deserves more love but come back hungry! He had some bad moments that kind of plagued his season, but he was mostly awesome his first year.

It is the same assholes who are saying the SEC or BIG10 wants Clemson, FSU, UNC, UVA, NC State, Miami and conveniently leave out the school located in the capitol of college football. I guarantee you most Auburn and Alabama fans would much rather, upon reflection, be making trips to GT in Atlanta over any of those other schools.

It is douchebaggery. There are literally 4 schools in the ACC who have accomplished anything meaningful in their football history - GT, Clemson, Miami, FSU. (Maybe you could throw Pittsburgh in there)
MAYBE you could throw Pittsburgh in there?? Two undisputed natties and a host of others with a claim. Pop Warner. No, they haven't done much lately, but "in their football history?" Come on!

I LOVES me some Haynes King, but let's be real here. Nothing was going to put him ahead of Travis or Maye. However, I agree that he was better than Plummer. That was a screw job.

King finished 4th in a league with a lot of good QB’s. The TD to INT ratio wasn’t good, combined with some bad fumbles.

Riley Leonard may have been 3rd if not for injuries. King was very good for someone on a new team with a new offense.

He can compete for All ACC 1st team next year as a Junior. What else can you ask for?

Just gonna assume that Key is going to run away with ACC COY seeing as how he finished 4th with only 1 out of 75 All ACC spots.

Plummer over King is laughably bad. UL fans don’t even want him starting anymore.
I honestly wish you was right, but sadly it's gonna be brohm with that cake walk of a schedule being 10-2

Back