Haynes King honorable mention - my A$$

Yall butthurt he is 4th and not 3rd? Plummers team went 10-2 and he didn’t throw 16 picks.

No way he would be over Travis or Drake

he’ll be on all the preseason lists next year. Won’t be surprised if we are a borderline ranked team as well given there is a season opening game to hype and we have a marquee qb
I'm more but hurt that he was snubbed by a guy that had 4 less Picks and 11 less TD's and almost 600 less yards of passing+rushing

I'm more but hurt that he was snubbed by a guy that had 4 less Picks and 11 less TD's and almost 600 less yards of passing+rushing

I can see the argument either way.
Haynes had a few disaster conference games. 16 TDs and 13 picks in league play isn’t that great. The rushing numbers are nice though.

You could make an argument for third team, but honorable mention isn't egregious. Needed a couple more wins and couple less picks

You could make an argument for third team, but honorable mention isn't egregious. Needed a couple more wins and couple less picks
This is where Weinke is the perfect guy to issue that reality check. "You want to be 1st team? Quit throwing pics." From anyone else, that would be insulting. From a guy with a Heisman over his fireplace, its tough love.

Does Weinke have a room in the Heisman house?
He does but my sources indicate he rented it out to some Real Estate Company who said they were going to need it after this season... I forget the name but think it was Prime Time Crib or some such. Hope he got the money up-front.

This is where Weinke is the perfect guy to issue that reality check. "You want to be 1st team? Quit throwing pics." From anyone else, that would be insulting. From a guy with a Heisman over his fireplace, its tough love.
There have been many bad decisions. Throwing into triple coverage when another guys is wide open.

I wouldn't trade King for any other QB in the ACC. Nuff said.

Agreed. I'm not worried at all about the interceptions or decision making - even with that he had a tremendous season, especially considering it is season 1 in a new offense and staff. He's young, hungry, seems to be getting good coaching, has a great attitude. When all is said and done I think he's going to go down as one of the best QB's in Georgia Tech history. I'm truly excited to get to enjoy watching him play for the next few seasons. It sucked losing last week but taking a step back and looking forward I am very encouraged. I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with a couple of victories over those sister lovers and that will be in very large part due to the play of King.

Here are King's and Joe Hamilton's stats. Assuming progress (which I think is a given), we are in the best shape at QB that we have been in quite some time.

Hamilton:
1701278740636.png

King:
1701278870140.png

As for the awards, it would be nice for him, but I don't care about any of that at all, it's all subjective and I don't care at all what the people voting on that stuff think because they are mostly morons.

King only missed 3rd team by 3 votes (34 to 31). So it was close.
Close but he still got screwed. He got beat out by Plummer who got the benefit of the doubt because UL had a good season due to an easy schedule. Plummer had 170 more passing yards than King and slightly higher completion percentage. King had 4 more INTs than Plummer, but also 5 more TD passes. Pretty even so far. Now get to rushing stats, King rushed for 648 yards and 9 tds on 108 carries. Plummer rushed for 60 yards on 78 carries and 1 td.

If UL was 7-5 or even 8-4 they probably easily give King the nod. I fully believe we would beat UL if we played again. ND was a quality win but that's about all they have. They beat 3 win Indiana by a TD. Beat 3 win UVA by a TD. Lost to freaking Pitt.

Back