Headlines to make us smile Fall 2003...

Thunder

Damn Good Rat
Sounds good to me.
grin.gif

Darnell Dockett at it again.

While trying to twist the knee of Georgia Tech freshmen Rashaun Grant, FSU's Darnell Dockett was suprised to find out it was his own leg sticking out of the pile. Gator fans join outside the FSU visiting locker room in celebration of GT's 51-7 upset.

Key Fox nearly arrested.

Georgia Tech outside linebacker phenom Key Fox was arrested after the Fall football season under charges of harrassment and assault. He was found guilty of knocking out 12 premier starting quarterbacks in a 4 month long crime spree. He is thought to have been working with men only known as Smith, Gathers, and "Iky". Key was later released without any charges brought up against him.

Auburn, Cadillac runs out of gas.

Atlanta- Georgia Tech sophomore quarterback Damarius Bilbo and a young offense sting Auburn while the Greg Gathers led defense stifles any War Eagle hopes of a ground affair, forcing Jason Campbell into game deciding mistakes through the air.

11/30/03: Dooley's last GT game not a pleasant one.

Dogs, Richt barking up the wrong tree in Atlanta.

We've had ton of bad breaks, since the Fridge walked off the field in Athens two years ago. I've gone on record as stating that I think we will have a losing season. However, I'm an optimistic fan. It's summertime and I'm dreaming of one of those great fall seasons that just sneaks up on you. Here are some headlines that would make our GT fall a great one. If you don't like the current news, make up your own:

8/3: Big Jacket Freshmen look ready to play Atlanta, GA Mansfield Wrotto and LeSahwn Newberry aren't your typical freshmen DTs. Both youngsters are mature beyond their years...

8/15: Lightbulb has come on for Bilbo Atlanta, GA 2 years ago Damarius Bilbo's head was spinning. Former QB coach Bill O'Brien was constantly in his face and Bilbo began to lose confidence. New QB coach Patrick Nix, who actually played the position, has finally got Bilbo seeing the field and his recent play turing two-a-day drills proves it.

8/22: New Tech Dbees just want to hit something Atlanta, GA A major area of concern for the Jackets heading into the 2003 season, was a young defensive backfield. However young safties James Butler, Dawan Landry, and Chris Reis have put those concerns to rest as well as put a number of GT receivers on the Rose Bowl field turf.

8/27: GT staff finally feels at home
Atlanta, GA Chan Gailey and is staff never had the chance to get comfortable in his first season at GT. After a full season working together, the new staff is ready to go...

8/29: Dbees ground BYU air attack
Provo, UT GT is a little light up front, but the Cougars like to do damage in the air and Tech's new Dbees would have none of that.

9/14: Bilbo sticks it to the Noles
Tallahassee, FL Sophomore QB Damarius Bilbo did what Joe Hamilton and George Godsey couldn't, he led GT over the Noles. Although, Bilbo had plenty of help from a veteran OL and hard-hitting defense...

10/5: Pack still can't top Jackets
Atlanta, GA GT moved to the top of the ACC standings (5-1, 3-0ACC) by beating NC State for the 8th time in 9 years....

10/24: Fridge Busted! Terp fans looking for their warranty
Atlanta, GA Buddy Geis and Chan Gailey showed they had a few tricks up their sleeves as ACC leader Georgia Tech pulled the plug on the Fridge.

11/30: Axe's New Baby Jacket Born! Jackets stomp pups!
Atlanta, GA The Axe family welcomed a new healthy baby to the GT family as the veteran GT o-line steamrolled a battered Bulldog defense. The ACC Champion Jackets are headed to the Orange Bowl and their first BCS game.

Make up our own headlines?

1/4: Georgia Tech Wins Sugar Bowl, Captures National Championship

Okay, I'm done.

Thunder, I will beat you.

Tech captures National Championship. Recruiting is off the map, and Gailey will have to turn away some of the recruits. Tech already has 25 promised offers, and five additional recruits will enter school in the Spring and count towards last years recruits.

blue.gif
blue.gif
blue.gif

Back