Health of the team.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Who are we missing on the O-line. Are we going to be able to get these guys back before the Virginia game?

Vespinae

Unbelievable, effort-based commenter
I think our starting RT, LG, and RG all missed some time during the Duke game. I don't think we lost anybody long term.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I think our starting RT, LG, and RG all missed some time during the Duke game. I don't think we lost anybody long term.
I think the OL that was helped off the field with a leg injury was on the bench with pads off and ice on the knee later in the game, hopefully nothing serious.

JRjr

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Did K White make any noise? I know he's been out for a while so may need to ease back into things.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
I’m hoping that we can be 100% in a couple of weeks. As mentioned elsewhere we have a strange amalgamation of players in this unit. With a better unit we are 6-0 or 5-1 and feeling pretty damn good

GoGATech

Big Dummy
White did not play. Probably was just dressed as emergency backup because he's only had about 1 week of padded practice. As far as OL goes:

LT: Cochran has been mostly healthy. He went down against UNC but was only out a few plays.
LG: Cooper has been battling injury all season (again) but played most if not all snaps against Duke. Did not play last week against Pitt.
C: Minihan has been fairly healthy. He has come out a time or two and dealing with normal bumps but has taken a vast majority of snaps.
RG: Johnson played all snaps the first 4 games but has had some sort of nagging injury. Tried to play through it vs. Pitt but wasn't able to go but for about half the snaps.
RT: Williams and Pendley have split time there, and neither has been fully healthy. Pendley has completely missed the last 2 games. Williams came out early against Duke and we had to move Johnson down to RT and bring Will Lay in to play RG.

Backup LT KJ Kirby has played a handful of snaps (one game both RT's were injured so we moved Cochran to RT and put Kirby in at LT for a few plays). Kirby was seen in a walking boot on the sidelines of the Pitt game, so he is out injured at the moment.

No clue on the return of Kirby. Williams, Pendley, Johnson I believe should all be closer to 100% coming out of the bye week. Cooper will also be more fresh, but he has battled injury his whole career so it's hard to say with him.

AlaGold

Dodd-Like
The OL is key to the team.If we could run better, the Off would take some pressure off the DEF which struggles itself for sure.

gt9589

Smile... you love us.
There are quite a few OLs that we have recruited waiting in the wings. Big guys too (Wing Green, Leftwich, etc). I can only guess Key is trying to get them stronger and build on their frames while redshirting. When you see us dipping into walk ons (who have more experience) you scratch your head and then see what Key is having to work with which is a large contrast from what he had at Bama. I figure it's going to take another 2 recruiting cycles/2 years to get to what he wants personnel wise. (i.e. year 5 for Collins).

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
There are quite a few OLs that we have recruited waiting in the wings. Big guys too (Wing Green, Leftwich, etc). I can only guess Key is trying to get them stronger and build on their frames while redshirting. When you see us dipping into walk ons (who have more experience) you scratch your head and then see what Key is having to work with which is a large contrast from what he had at Bama. I figure it's going to take another 2 recruiting cycles/2 years to get to what he wants personnel wise. (i.e. year 5 for Collins).
Four game redshirt rule should let us see some of them in action if we are saving them for class balance or w/e

murrayjacket

Damn Good Rat
Four game redshirt rule should let us see some of them in action if we are saving them for class balance or w/e
Well we are also trying to win games. Only game that was really comfortably in hand the whole way was KSU. Even though we ending up blowing the doors off UNC, it was reasonably competitive halfway through the 3rd. Could be why we haven't seen them if the experienced walk-ons give us a better chance right now.

I don't know why we didn't see them with KSU though.

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
Well we are also trying to win games. Only game that was really comfortably in hand the whole way was KSU. Even though we ending up blowing the doors off UNC, it was reasonably competitive halfway through the 3rd. Could be why we haven't seen them if the experienced walk-ons give us a better chance right now.

I don't know why we didn't see them with KSU though.
Early in the year you are trying to develop cohesion so why you don’t see many others early. At least I hope so as otherwise we are in a heap of trouble next year.