Hello, all, nice board....

98ReckDriver

Varsity Lurker
I was the Reck Driver in 1998. Sweet year to lead the team on to the field except the first game of the season. (Mike Cloud of BC rushed all over us that day.) What a great experience that was for the season.

On to tomorrow...I now have a NEW job (been doing it since 1999) of letting the opposing team onto OUR FIELD. I wear a headset, and Tech stuff and look all official. This job is done before kick-off and at half-time. You may think it's easy...it's not. The opposing coaches know that my only goal is to have them take the field at ANY other time than when the Reck leads Tech out. So they act accordingly. Especially TOMMY BOWDEN. He waits until he sees the banner break with the Reck going through it, then he sends his players. It's a mental thing to make it feel less like an away game for them. I hope Tuberville listens to my excellent sales "pitch" about how much TV wants to tape their run-out, etc. What a great job I have!!!!!.... Gets me on field level!

The people on this board are great and I love the banter.

98ReckDriver is:
1.) A second generation Tech man
2.) A die-hard fan like you wouldn't believe
3.) 28, successful, and yep, single, ladies!
4.) A Gailey supporter (boo from 1/2 of you)
5.) A football player of yore, and knows the sport
6.) A guy who watched from start to finish both GT-BYU and AU-USC and has some bad news
7.) A guy who knows that it won't be close tomorrow. Sorry. I think USC plays in and may very well may win this year's MNC.
8.) A guy who hopes you all will look for the little guy in front of Tuberville and his players very ready to run out with his arms extended and telling them "STAY PUT!" until my SIGNAL!

Have fun tomorrow and GO JACKETS!
Mike

Welcome, you are in good position to keep us updated on items we ordinarily would not know about. Anything you happen to see or hear that would be interesting to us, don't keep it a secret.

Father Time

Back