Here's a thread for Beeware....

Re: Here\'s a thread for Beeware....

Absolutely. GOL was a great recruiter and brought our talent level up considerably. We can thank him for that.

GOL was really good for the Tech program. He recruited well. He helped push facility improvements. He hired some great assistants. I and most all Tech fans appreciate what he did for Tech.

Now, let's get to that elusive next level.

George O'leary will go down as one of the greatest coaches in TECH history. Taking us from the depths of hell at the end of 1994 to 5 straight bowl games. And Coach 'Buck' Gailey will be the first to tell you that he has inherited more talent than virtually any college coach in America. If Fridge could go 10-1 with what he inherited at Maryland, 'Buck' should have no problems here.
The ankle biters (aka unappreciative pissants) who refuse to give Coach O'leary the credit he deserves seem very small and very shallow indeed.

A big
bigthumbup.gif
to Coach O'leary....and two big
thefinger.gif
thefinger.gif
to Dave Braine-less and all the unappreciative pissants.

Beeware,

How do you really feel about Dave???
confused.gif
bash.gif

Time will tell about "Buck's" hire but GoL was somewhat unknown as a HC when he was appointed so maybe there is more hope than despair.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Totally agree with the original post. He did recruit very well and left us with a lot of talent. Totally disagree that he will be known as one of the greatest coaches at Tech.

He will be known for exactly what his tenure represents, he brought us back to respectability.

BeeWare, I am now convinced you are O'Leary posting on this board under your alias, or you are a close kin of his.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Agreed. O'Leary might have gone down as a great coach, if not for his last season here. He underachieved, then bashed the media, the fans, the alumni, then left Tech for ND and got fired because he lied about his past.

THIS is how he will go down in Tech's history...as a black eye.

George O'leary will go down as one of the greatest coaches in TECH history.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">.
I'm sorry but that made me LOLROTFLMAOPIMPWSWMBO

tongue.gif

I am glad to see Beeware hasnt lost his bite....

Beeware, this is going to be a hellish season for you... if Tech loses, you are right about Gailey... but Tech is losing...

if Tech wins, then you have to admit that Gailey is doing a good job... and you cant use the crutch of all the talent that GOL left... this is the same talent that he stunk the place up with last year.... so I guess, if we go 7-5 this year, that makes Gailey equal in terms of coaching abililty to GOL? Either we didnt have the talent last year (which we did) or we didnt coach it...

Great recruiter yes that is obvious, but great coach that is another story. Without Fridgen to stabelize things things got out of hand in 2001
2gunsfiring.gif
2gunsfiring.gif
2gunsfiring.gif
2gunsfiring.gif

Originally posted by jacketguy:
I am glad to see Beeware hasnt lost his bite....

Beeware, this is going to be a hellish season for you... if Tech loses, you are right about Gailey... but Tech is losing...

if Tech wins, then you have to admit that Gailey is doing a good job... and you cant use the crutch of all the talent that GOL left... this is the same talent that he stunk the place up with last year.... so I guess, if we go 7-5 this year, that makes Gailey equal in terms of coaching abililty to GOL? Either we didnt have the talent last year (which we did) or we didnt coach it...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">jguy,
We will win this year in spite of 'Buck's' learning curve.

cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

Good recruiter yes great no! Respectability yes he did great as for winning ok not great without the Fridge medioca at best. Good talent under coached yes. A great tech coach no way Jose!!! He will be remember as ok nothing more nothing less but he will always be remembered for his departure. Also for his RESUME.

bash.gif

Back