Here's My Prediction For Next Year...

SouthGa

Varsity Lurker
Here\'s My Prediction For Next Year...

I think six to seven wins is realistic. If Hollins comes back strong we should have a pretty good running game. The receiving corp should be above avg and the OL ok. Hopefully the DEF will be competitive. I like what I see of Bilbo in this UGA game, he is hanging in there and should be the QB next year but don't bet on it.

Finally, UGA fans better enjoy this season because they are losing some studs. I hope they show boat the rest of the game and humiliate Tech so this Jacket team will have a bad taste in their mouth all winter. Then we'll see if they are hungry or complacent.

South Georgia Jacket

Re: Here\'s My Prediction For Next Year...

"I like what I see of Bilbo in this UGA game, he is hanging in there and should be the QB next year but don't bet on it."

Yes, and that's a shame because the coaches should be using the rest of this game to get Bilbo the "experience" he needs, if indeed that is the real reason for his minimal playing time. I can see no excuse for that at this point.

Next year will be the end of all things "Gailey". Maybe 2 or 3 wins. Maybe none. Coach will resign or be fired. Duke could beat us.
BOO

I have been a Tech man since 1946 and I can say without equivocation that this was by far the worst prepared Tech team that I have ever seen. There is not much difference in the talent level of the two teams today but they were antepodes
apart in comparing the two coaching staffs. A team will always take on the personality of the head man and that is exactly what we watched today and all season long. Did you notice that their third team moved the ball on us about as well as their starters did? That is proof enough that it was Coach DULL's fault. From the time that they ran our first punt back for a TD to the very end our team looked confused and listless. Richt tried to go easy on us but he couldn't because we were giving the ball away or refusing to tackle and our DB Cox had a pass thrown directly to him and he dropped it. Our center couldn't snap the ball to the QB and on and on.
This was just plain terrible. I wouldn't have thought that CG could have brought this team to this abysmal depths if he had tried. This man will not lead us anywhere but downward.

Unfortuanetly, the game was truly over at 17-0 and we started fumbling kick-offs etc. I think I can say the team was going through the motions from that point forward. We made it very easy for those other guys today. Even their third string was making yardage and breaking tackles.

At one point (either 10-0 or 17-0) they panned to our bench on TV and our coaches were just staring at the defensive players and vice versa. No emotion. Everyone just had blank stares.

Gailey may be the man of the future, but the team has yet to come out of the lockerroom in Athens for the game.

Back