Here's the way it is...

GEETEELEE

We suck this much.
Friends,

This GT team just lined up on offense and on defense to beat the crap out of the #9 team in the nation and one considered to be one of the contenders for the SEC championship and even the NC playoffs.

We didn't luck out with turnovers and distracted play by a "superior" team... We lined up and beat their asses nose to nose...in their house.

This would have been a two or three TD victory without the refs' incompetence (or prejudice). Instead, both offense AND defense found a way to get it done against all odds.

In a change of the usual state of affairs, the dwags were lucky to find themselves with a chance to win at the end of the game. A chance shut down by both sides of the ball for by GT.

You make your own luck in football...and the dwags luck ran out.

THIS. I believe we are watching the solidification of CPJ's system at Tech. We've got at least two more tough games this season, but next year's challenging schedule is going to be fun!

I feel the same way. UGA had that ridiculous strip 99 yard TD that should have been blown dead, and the ridiculous Justin Thomas pass fumble, fake a FG for a long play and they go 4 for 4 on 4th down and still LOSE!!!!

We dominated them folks.

I have a feeling that next season is going to be a special season. Not a "10 wins, coastal champions, beat Georgia" special season, but a "national championship run" special season.

I have a feeling that next season is going to be a special season. Not a "10 wins, coastal champions, beat Georgia" special season, but a "national championship run" special season.

We'll certainly have the resume building opportunities with our schedule.

@ND
@Clemson
@Miami
UGA
VT

In the words of our own coach: "It didn't have to be that close".

Guys, guys, they did hold GT to under 400 rushing yards.

I feel the same way. UGA had that ridiculous strip 99 yard TD that should have been blown dead, and the ridiculous Justin Thomas pass fumble, fake a FG for a long play and they go 4 for 4 on 4th down and still LOSE!!!!

We dominated them folks.

Not to mention on that fake kick the refs missed a hold/tackle and the two blocked fg's should have been flagged for coming over the center. The refs were awful but we overcame it.

Guys, guys, they did hold GT to under 400 rushing yards.

That's part of the point. We're not one dimensional anymore. Once the dive is respected, everything else opens up. All of CPJ's inventory becomes available, even some that he's created in the last couple of years. Our Defense is coming around while the Offense finds its footing. This team is showing fantastic potential.

On the other hand, win next week and:
* Walmart starts stocking more Tech items and the Walmartians (easily swayed inbred fans) consider it fashionable, :biggrin:
and
* CPJ may become a hot item...:turbonoes:

Bravo!

I was at the 2008 game when we won. That was awesome fun. But this game we were better than them. Not just better, but it's not even close better. And this was the only time I have Ever seen Tech being the outright better team. We won despite the refs spotting them 21 points. I am stunningly impressed by our win.

We'll have to replace Smelter, Waller, Days, and Laskey. But if we can find capable guys to fill their spots we can definitely have an even more special year next year.

You do realize that except for Justin Thomas and Snoddy (who may not be fully healed) we are losing every skill player who played significant minutes. Even if some of the younger guys are more talented I think we are seriously under-valuing senior leadership and experience if we think there isn't going to be a drop off

In other words --it's great to be a Yellow Jacket !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if we are to have special season its gonna be 2016. 2015 is setting up to be a poor, but learning experience

You do realize that except for Justin Thomas and Snoddy (who may not be fully healed) we are losing every skill player who played significant minutes. Even if some of the younger guys are more talented I think we are seriously under-valuing senior leadership and experience if we think there isn't going to be a drop off

Not to mention Shaq. That guy is a BEAST.

Holy öööö!!! We have won one the biggest games in Tech history! This IS a great year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to mention on that fake kick the refs missed a hold/tackle and the two blocked fg's should have been flagged for coming over the center. The refs were awful but we overcame it.

Thank you. The whole house was shouting about the over the center no calls. I thought I was taking crazy pills. I noticed the announcer didn't say öööö about either one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We'll have to replace Smelter, Waller, Days, and Laskey. But if we can find capable guys to fill their spots we can definitely have an even more special year next year.

Sure, we'll miss those guys, but we did OK this year without Vad Lee, Godhigh, Hunt-Days, Young, Sims, Jackson, Drummond, Jamea Thomas, and so on.

We've got a great core of players, a good recruiting class coming in, and a challenging schedule next year. All of which are required to make a step to the next level.

This. Next year we will have momentum to build on, but we will have to do a lot of building.

Sure, we'll miss those guys, but we did OK this year without Vad Lee, Godhigh, Hunt-Days, Young, Sims, Jackson, Drummond, Jamea Thomas, and so on.

We've got a great core of players, a good recruiting class coming in, and a challenging schedule next year. All of which are required to make a step to the next level.

This. Given our offseason attrition and the losses before the preseason, the team bucked up and gave us one to remember for the ages.

'15 schedule looks tough. I'm not counting these guys out against it.

Back