Hey BORe....Where are you?

General Wood

Varsity Lurker
I replied back to your response about my "alleged" former employee and the "alleged" 1.5M obligation. My former employer was GTAA, not GOL. I would like to hear your reply on the unfulfilled contracts of other former employees of GTAA.
I hope GTAA is not using the same attorney to argue for why GOL should pay his "alleged" contract obligation, when they won't pay their obligation to much smaller former employees.
Maybe that is something you need to look into before you stir up a "bitter ole man"
wink.gif
wink.gif

Sorry for not responding General. I just stopped reading that thread entirely.

Anyway, I think this is what you said...
"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey BOR! Why don't you check on the contracts the AA hasn't paid under "c"db and you will find a wash. (monies owed to former coaches and administrators that is currently being litigated)

I can promise that as soon as cdb has left the building, the 1.5 will be there....not before.

Please, do not question my loyalty, but if it looks, smells, and tastes like ööööake Mushrooms...it probably is.

I think that we all have disagreements about the details, but when people are flunking out as never before and next years graduation rate is below 30%, something is wrong....terribly wrong.

I honestly feel sorry for Chan and the players, but not sorry for cdb.

"The hardest thing that I have ever done in my life is, be a Georgia Tech fan",quote from retired General W.J. Livsey, US Army.
"

Anyway, I got no problem with what you have said about Dave Braine. The man has to show a lot and quite simply, he hasn't. I also have no problem with your views on Clough for that matter.

My statement to you was in jest about GOL not paying up on the 1.5 mill and him being your former employer. And I certainly don't question you being a Tech fan.

I think you have a great perspective that adds to the knowledge of this board. However, I also think you have a Convenient position at that.

You have in fact stated on this board back in May when the grade gate hit that "O'Leary hired you". You also stated that you "knew" that O'Leary asked to come back after Notre Dame blew up in is face. Although I can no longer archive that post to review it, I can tell you that your "tone" or "attitude" in that post is that Braine was dumb for not taking him back.

Now I think your position is one of convenience because you were let go of your position with Ga Tech by Braine. And I think it's funny that it was AFTER Grade Gate hit, you decide to spill the beans from your end. Why is it always AFTER things hit the fan that people want to come out and state the "I told you so, I didn't think it would work to begin with" speech. Hind sight is indeed 20/20.

So like I said, while I can apprecate your viewpoint, I also believe the timing of your view point is convenient for YOU! Now I don't doubt that you might be the biggest fan of Tech that ever was. That is understandable. But my point in making the post regarding "your former employer owing 1.5 mill to GT" is that it is obvious you have a loyalty to O'Leary. Who wouldn;t understand that. But sometimes I think your dislike for Dave Braine and the way you were treated by the GTAA, and the fact that you were the employee of GOL, makes it hard for you to accept Gailey. At least it keeps you from giving the man a fair chance to be our coach.

So quite simply, your view point, however valuable, is seriously slanted and for obvious reasons.

You call the 1.5 million "alleged". How "alleged" is it. It was either IN the contract or it wasn't. If you know please enlighten me, otherwise I'll assume that he does in fact owe GT the money.

And for what it's worth, I don't neccesarily agree with General Livsey's quote. I'll take a quote from my father who is a retired Major General in the Army, who quoted my now dead Grandfather who was a Tech grad and a retired Colonel in the Airforce...."Son... God gave everyone else the Georgia's and Tennessee's... God gave us Georgia Tech." Meaning, were the one's who are special.

Bor, that was truly one of your best posts.

My issue with the 1.5 is that it needs to be put to rest. I haven't read the contract, nor would I be a good legal expert. Everyone hates beating an old subject, and this is one of those. I was under the impression that GOL owed if he had a job. No jobby, no payee. I don't know how legal experts would interpret that part of the contract.

Wrong read on my tone concerning GOL returning. I think he did a great job, but it would have been hard for the Tech community to accept him back. Especially at that time.

If you check the hive, and stingtalk, I spoke of some of the problems when there was something to add to the conversation. I only "spilled the beans" when one AA employee continued to "slander" me, when she was not privy to any of the meetings, nor understood the role of the academic advisor to SAs. I had spoke on the hive based on previous experiences I had working at the AA in the early 90's, so the fact that you had not seen any of my posts over the years is oversight by you.

Your impression of my feelings towards Gailey are also wrong. I want him to do well, and the players to do well. The only time I said anything that was in the least part negative was basically saying that he was naive to some of the ways of Tech. He has learned a great deal in a year plus. But he also said that he was coming to Tech because it was not a "rebuilding" process.

If my views are slanted, I like to think they are slanted PRO-Tech.

My main issue is that we honor the committments to athletes, and we haven't. I'll keep fighting for that because I believe in that cause.

Please send me the name of your grandfather, so I can properly attribute the quote. I think that is wonderful. What year did he get out of Tech?

You can email me if you don't want that info out, and I would love to discuss any of these matters further. fyvlbuzz@bellsouth.net

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
GenW. It's my understanding that GOL had a job when he told Tech to "take this job and shove it". Was it Techs fault that within a week he had lost the job? Don't think so. It' also my understnding that when a school looses a coach that all the coaches, employees of said coach might in fact be on the out side looking in. So if anyone is to blame it's O'Liar and not CCG. Yes Brine is an idiot but that does not absolve O'Liar from his obligations.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Oh Jeeze, do we need to turn this into a bash O'Leary thread? That WAS NOT my intention. For you to call O'Leary "O'Liar" is completely disrespectful.
soapbox.gif

Sorry BOR but I've called GOL O'Liar ever since he left Tech sorry if it offends you but the truth is the truth. And no I'm not bashing him just setting the record straight.

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
Sorry BOR but I've called GOL O'Liar ever since he left Tech sorry if it offends you but the truth is the truth. And no I'm not bashing him just setting the record straight.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It really doesn't offend me. I figured that you kind of have to give the man some respect for what he accomplished on the Flats while he was here. I was pissed too when he left, but the difference is, I let it go. Much like I let it go when Ross left. George O'Leary did a lot for GT football. I would think any decent Tech fan would at least be able to refer to him as "GOL" or "George" or "O'Leary". I'm not asking you to go calling him "Big Bee" again, but "O'Liary"? Are we really that bitter?

Now if you are somehow pissed about the 1.5 million, I'd say this... If there was ANYWAY to get out of paying 1.5 million you, me or anyone else would make damn sure we looked into that option. GOL looked into that option to a point where he thinks he found a loophole. GT disagrees. The lawyers will disagree. But that's why we have them to work it all out in the end.

Still, I would think we could muster up the strength to refer to him by his real name given what he has done for Tech.

I thought the new plan was for O'Leary to pay Braine the $1.5 mil personally as his contract buyout, and then come back as AD. Isn't that still on?
blue.gif

GenW. It's my understanding that GOL had a job when he told Tech to "take this job and shove it". Was it Techs fault that within a week he had lost the job? Don't think so. It' also my understnding that when a school looses a coach that all the coaches, employees of said coach might in fact be on the out side looking in. So if anyone is to blame it's O'Liar and not CCG. Yes Brine is an idiot but that does not absolve O'Liar from his obligations.

Braine is down to 1 even according to the "dive" (peebad's words) expert GG.

So, we still need .5 to make this a wash.

This place is so much fun

Back