Hey GMC 68, Here Is The Link...

SouthGa

Varsity Lurker
Hope this link works
Scroll down to editorial titled, "Richt's Use Of Religion...

My post got nuked. Are you surprised?
Click Here

WOW!!! That’s pretty appalling. Guess it is okay for him to state his anti-religion views but not MR to state his beliefs. Glad to see most of the players are following MR's lead.

Thanks for the link.

Here's another article on Richt and his views. You may have already seen it. It shows the character he is trying to build into his players.

Richt

I have been told CG is is a Christian man but I haven't ever heard him say it. Maybe some of the other posters can help.

Can't believed you got nuked! We will see what happens with this post.

Originally posted by SouthGa:
Hope this link works
Scroll down to editorial titled, "Richt's Use Of Religion...

My post got nuked. Are you surprised?
Click Here
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Your post didn't get nuked. It's down in "Off Topic" where it belongs, along with this thread.

Right on belly. Bobby Bowden takes his team to church a couple times a year. And don't forget Joe Gibbs. Funny though, like Right they are winners.

I think that was belly's point that is doesn't matter. But Tom
Osbourne did follow Bowden around in the spring and said the only thing different was Bowden had a prayer meeting before his staff meeting. The next year Osbourne had the prayer meetings before staff meetings and won the national championshiop.

Huh? Y'all read a LOT more into that guy's comments than I did. I see nothing wrong with his observations that Richt doesn't have to include his personal religous beliefs in developing men of character.

The problem with devoutly religous people sometimes, is that they ASSUME people are against religion when they make comments about seperating religion from certain aspect of life. Tying the game to Christianity absolutely does alienate certain individuals.

By the way, I am a Christian and religous.

How you got that person was "anti-religion" is beyond me. By his last name, I would say he is probably Jewish, and I know plenty of Jews that are more religous than a lot of Christians.

Get a grip folks.

Back