Hired!

G

Geetee

poll: Best college football coach now is...dream coach for GT?

Let's see

Dream (Unrealistic) Choices

1. Freidgen
2. Willingham
3. Tressel (Spelling?)

Realistic Choices

1. Jim Grobe
2. Bud Foster
3. Charlie Strong

Of course, I hope we are successful enough this season that Gailey becomes my first choice.

UF made a good hire with Strong...surprised no one picked him as a HC. Lacking experience, yes, but worth taking the chance on.

I agree. I am surprised that Strong has not been hired as a head coach. It seems ADs lack the courage to hire coaches without HC experience no matter how good they are. I mean look at Fridge. It seems like a lot of mediocre coaches get recyled all over the place and rarely do they get better.

I really like Jim Grobe he seems to get the maximum effort out of his players and he is not afraid to take on anyone.

Crbe, forget about your dreams.

Of course I would rather see Gailey and Tech succeed and not have to make another change.

If we did, my choice among the others would be Grobe. I don't think he would leave Wake Forest and come to Tech, even for more money. He seems to be a very decent person.

He might leave Wake Forest and go to another conference for more money, but I don't think he would take another school in the same conference.

If Spurrier became tired of pro ball, decided to coach college again, and did not care about a lot of money, he would be my choice. Loooooong Shot!

wink.gif

Dream Coach?
Good question!
I still think we are on the right track with Chan Gailey, if we don't run him off with the negative press we hash out here, I really believe he will build a positive football program that all will be proud of. I am impressed with the direction that he has taken to get back to basics, which we were not all that good at when he came aboard. Three or four years will be time to see what he can do with what he has to work with. I just hope that we are not re-bitten by the injury bug as last year and the academic disater of this year. You know, when you get right down to it, he hasn't done all that bad. True, I'm not at all proud of our last two games, and I wish we could get a tax break for donations from them, but we will see a drastic improvement I'm sure.
As much as I would like to see our Jackets go undefeated, and as important as that is to me and others, I have to admit that I would rather see the GT fan base become united again and support the coaches and players that we have, and cut out the booing in the stands. What a disgrace. The negative press on this site alone could very well affect the decision a young S/A could make about coming to GT.
Didn't intend to get on my soap box but I do feel very strongly on these issues. I hope you understand.

Reality is the fan base will not come together on the Gailey hire until some great things happen. We ended the year extremely poor and the offseason hasn't been any better. If you are worried about a recruit reading this board and this affecting his decision...then he obviously was never coming to tech to begin with. I'd worry about our athletes in the classroom more than anything. That is a serious situation that will or could impact recruiting. Every school has boards that voice OPINIONS and to only post glorious things about our program in fear of recruits reading them just isn't going to happen. This is a message board where people who love GT can discuss a host of sports topics good, bad, or indifferent. Don't be so paranoid about these boards as you are giving them WAY to much credence...especially as it relates to swaying recruits.

Give Friedgen credit for being the man of honor he is, he's coaching successfully at his alma mater! Enjoy the memories of the past and quit fantasizing about what if...!

Selah.

drinking.gif

Back