Hollis hasn't shown himself to be too bright!

GTnut

Varsity Lurker
Hollis hasn\'t shown himself to be too bright!

He has written some pretty stupid stuff and will again. Now let's see how this works -
Hollis - Coach, going into spring will the QB job be wide open?
Gailey - No, we will go into spring with Suggs being the established starter.
Hollis reports - Gailey gives Suggs a show of support saying he will be the starter in spring ball and the QB position is not wide open!

All hell breaks out among GT faithful (supposed).
Come on guys, lighten up!

Re: Hollis hasn\'t shown himself to be too bright!

I don't even think it was that simple. If he had even come close to saying that then Hollis would have quoted him. Instead I think Hollis took some creative liberties to get to his statement.

I'm not sure any coach would say that a position is completely closed no matter who is returning. Instead most coaches will tell you that every position is open going into a new year. If the backup is good enough to knock off the starter during spring / fall practice then they deserve the job. Granted knocking off a great starter is harder than an mediocre starter.

The position is absolutely not closed......that why we have verbals from (3) QB

I think Hollis is a lazy idiot... that Murphy guy in Macon whips his butt daily in terms of covering Tech... and I am not just talking quantity.. the quality is a mismatch as well...

I sometimes wonder if Hollis picked bellpeppers for a living before the AJC hired him...

Back