House V. NCAA

I hope we violate the law so I can have my football. Honestly I do.

so NIL reparations? am i reading this right? going to be popcorn worthy.
Yeah the entire thing would come crashing down instantly. 70% of all college sports would cease to exist overnight

Schools will charge student athletes for back cost of education. They will settle with those who would make less than education cost in NIL.
Relatives of Joe Guyon will sue for 100 year’s interest of NIL.
Meanwhile World War III will have started and nobody would have noticed.

fb4.gif

BURN IT ALL TO THE ööööING GROUND

How would they quantify their earning potential to say you made me miss out on X amount of dollars? It’s not like there was an exchange of services to dollars that was being withheld. I don’t think anything is gonna come of this.

So players were illegally given scholarships to play sports? Maybe the actual payments to players before NIL will begin to come out.
well I agree if it were to be ruled that players should always have had access to NIL, that the school would have right to back charge tuition and benefits. not sure how you quantify any of that.

They legally earned a very expensive scholarship.
yes, but if they could have earned more through NIL, might have a case.
might be a good model moving forward to try and keep system somewhat amateur. create two tracks. traditional scholarship track, or NIL track. since there will always be backup kicker athletes that won't get much NIL funds, let them sign scholarship contract and forgo/rescind any NIL, but make NIL star athletes pay for their tuition.

Back