How about a poll.....Who would vote for Bill Curry as AD?

TODD STANSBURY. Love Coach C, but he doesn't have AD experience. As I've posted before, Todd's vitae includes: Association AD University of Houston, AD East Tennessee State, Associate Executive AD at Oregon State. He's a Tech alum and is passionate about his alma mater. He has also had experience in the business world as well as involvement at the world level. Someone in another post had a link that tells all about him.
smile.gif

In a heartbeat. I think he'd be an excellent AD at any school, not just TECH. Question is, would he be interested? I'm sure of his regard for TECH but I wonder if it's a position that he would aspire to.

I think both of the above mentioned names would be good for Tech. They both have expertise in their respective fields and I believe either one would be a good choice. What we need right now is a good will tour from Tech to calm the waters of the FANS and ALUMNI. I personally am receiving more and more calls from North Ga. of disgruntled fans who have been givers for 30+ years who are ready to quit. I have purposely not spoke about what has happened over the last week or so until I have all information and then I will give my .02 worth. I am however not going to jump ship on GT as it didn't throw me overboard when I played there. I DO HOWEVER SUPPORT THE FIRING OF DAVE BRAINE, THE SOONER THE BETTER!

Yes, I would be delighted. Curry is a classy gentleman who is made of steel. He knows GT and would do well running point for AA.

Absolutely - no question. Bill wold make a great AD.

I'll never understand why he went to Alabama, but I would welcome him back.

Didn't East Tenn State just get rid of their football program ?...I'm pretty sure they did..If so, that would be of concern IMO

I'm not for Bill Curry. He is in a wonderful spot for himself and for us right now and I do not think that needs to be changed.

Plus, I thought he was a little of a bone headed coach and I see nothing that would make me think he would not be a little of a bone headed athletic director.

I posted elsewhere that I thought that Neal Purcell, the former vice chairman of KPMG, the world wide big four CPA firm, would be a terrific athletic director.

He is an Emory graduate and on the Board of Trustees of Emory but loves Georgia Tech and attends all football and basketball games and loves to talk Georgia Tech sports.

His background of course is not strictly in sports administration though he has been active in hosting the various tournaments at the Atlanta Athletic Club.

He is still relatively young - probably about 60 -but doesn't look it and I think would love the job.

I do not know if you are familiar with the big four accounting firms but if you rise to vice-chairman of an incredibly efficient organization of probably about 20,000 people world wide - you are one sharp cookie. And he is. He can do this and do it well.

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
I'm for Bill "The Brick" Curry
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm surprised a certain someone hasn't become Carole "The Brick" Moore.

I'd vote Curry for AD in a second.

I like Bill Curry a lot, fine fellow, GT alum, Lombardi player and all that, but think about it - would he really accept the Tech AD post at this point in his career?

Age not withstanding, it's just not an upward move. Bill has a lot of polish that he would probably consider wasted in the GT admin structure. Bill is more an ESPN head guy or Hollywood type.

Always have been a fan of Bill Curry. He is definitely a class act that may do very well as AD at GT. Maybe someone close to him may just ask if he would even be interested in that position. Anyone close enough to him to ask?

Fwiw, I think Stansbury has the combination of youth and maturity that would fit well with the needs of our program right now. I think a lot of Curry but I have some reservations about how well he would be as an AD.

drinking.gif

I'd love to have Bill Curry as our AD and the spokesperson for GT sports.

If he turned it down, Stansbury sounds like a solid second choice, although I don't know anything about him.

I believe that interest has been expressed by BC--although I don't know this for a fact. I have it on fairly good authority.
wink.gif

Here is the what Bill Curry would bring to the table

1. Integrity (can anybody question that?)...How refreshing would that be right about now.

2. Honesty (same as above)

3. Love and appreciation of Tech

4. Passion for the job (just guessing here, but probably true)

5. Great for liaising with the contributors, who presumably would warm up to him because of the above

6. We'd get the no-spin version of events happening within the AA etc

7. I think he'd do something about the academic situation..

Maybe not perfect, and maybe not with the perfect "resume", but all in all, I think, at a minimum, he could right the ship......

Bill or Todd but with Bill where he's at now I think Todd would be the better choice. Both are Tech men and would make a heck of an AD. The one we have now is a Joke.

A qualified "yes."

I feel that Curry would be an improvement over what we have now. I don't think, for example, he would suggest we move our home game with UGA to the Georgia Dome. But he left us because he didn't think GT would ever be able to contend for an MNC, and he left the cupboard bare when he departed. He also never impressed me with his coaching decisions, but he did recruit well in Georgia. Finally, as a TV analyst, he comes off as a bit of a pompous blowhard with a holier than thou attitude, which worries me.

By the way, are we sure that he would be willing to give up the glitter of TV to become AD at GT?

If Bill Curry were the AD, I would be supportive of him and could see some good things he could bring to the table.

From those who speak highly of Todd Stansbury, it appears he has better credentials in this type of work.

I would not be upset with either one.

smile.gif

Back