how bout a lil optimism!

huntnbee

Varsity Lurker
first off, i hate it as much as anyone that we lost ten players, especially hargrove because we have very few with his motor and killer instincts. hollings too, but maybe he could use a little more time for his acl to heal and actually come back next year110%! now, that being said...is it just possible that the rest of the team is gonna come out swinging with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove? i mean look at fresno state. they lost SEVEN starters and i couldn't tell it! maybe, just maybe, this might help the "chemistry" and the players we have left will step it up. lord...i may be clinging at straws but...don't yall give up!!!! something tells me our boys are gonna make the best of a bad situation.

THWG!!!51-5 51-7 51-7...HEY, DON'T FRET NONE ABOUT REMINDING ME OF THAT AWFUL DAY. I FOR ONE will never forget AND JUST REMEMBER ONE THING....
THE SUN DON'T SHINE ON THE SAME OL DAWG EVERYDAY!

Originally posted by huntnbee:
maybe, just maybe, this might help the "chemistry"
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You're on to something there I think. Losing these fellows isn't going to wreck this team. We'll have to do it without them but we will still be a team; not a ship without a rudder that some seem to fear. Come game time the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets will take the field.

I'll try to be optimistic, but I have been a Tech fan all of my life and I, for one, am sick of that dog hiking his leg on us for most of the past 30 years. At least under GOL, we probably would have shown UGAg and all of those brilliant arts and sciences majors the disrespect they deserve and put up a fight.
I hope the chemistry is there. What really worries me is Auburn. They are gonna be very big, strong and very fast. Our defense had a problem stopping Wake last year (it seems like they ran about 100 plays to our 50). To me, that was the beginning of the end for Chan. With Cadillac, Ronnie Brown, and that 260 pound runaway truck AU has running behind that average 300 pound line, if someone doesn't instill some type of motivation, we may look back at 51-7 as the good ol' days.
If we don't show up for that one, I say an early season coaching exit is in store. We can replace Chan with a interim coach or a cardboard cutout and look real hard for a coach. I would like to see a Charlie Strong type here, but I believe he is awaiting the inevitable firing of Zook. I don't know who would be on the short list, but hopefully someone that we at least believe wants to win.

mad.gif

Charlie Strong... great call there... I think an African American coach would recruit for a great school like GT here in the black mecca like you wouldn't believe...

Back