"how can you play for NC when you can't win your conference"

MTrain

hodl
anyone else sick and tired of hearing this? I feel its a lame semantic argument that sounds nice but really has no bite to it.

the two best teams in the country should play for the title. yes, i'm sorry, i don't want to see it again either but that's most definitely LSU and most likely Bama. common sense says the two best teams should be on the field in the title game. nuff said.

You just had to start your own thread rather than using an existing one that is perfectly suitable.

So Alabama gets another shot. They couldnt beat LSU at their own house, so they get another chance? Maybe when they lose theyll give them a third shot at LSU just to make sure all the bases are covered. I think its horse öööö!

Yes I do. In the current system (which sucks, there should be a playoff involving conference champions) the two best teams should be in the title game. If those two teams are in the same division then so be it.

So Alabama gets another shot. They couldnt beat LSU at their own house, so they get another chance? Maybe when they lose theyll give them a third shot at LSU just to make sure all the bases are covered. I think its horse öööö!

we aren't arguing rematches. i'm axing is it acceptable to play for the NC when not winning your conference? i could see it happening in a non-rematch scenario.

The way I see it the point of conferences is to decide a champion, then the top two champions get together and play since there are not nearly enough games (12 games with 120 teams) to eliminate the conference factor. Because there is currently a 2-team playoff as opposed to a larger one (I think 8 would be ideal, but that's for another place) the two teams that should get invited to the playoff are the two best conference champions. This obviously means LSU and ???? this year.

Is it perfect? No, but I think the phrasing in your topic is off. I see the BCSCG as a way to decide the best team in the country, not invite the top two teams. Most of the time these things are one in the same, but there is a slight difference. So I think the quote that applies is "How can you be the best team in the country if you are not the best team in your conference?".

The way I see it the point of conferences is to decide a champion, then the top two champions get together and play since there are not nearly enough games (12 games with 120 teams) to eliminate the conference factor. Because there is currently a 2-team playoff as opposed to a larger one (I think 8 would be ideal, but that's for another place) the two teams that should get invited to the playoff are the two best conference champions. This obviously means LSU and ???? this year.

Is it perfect? No, but I think the phrasing in your topic is off. I see the BCSCG as a way to decide the best team in the country, not invite the top two teams. Most of the time these things are one in the same, but there is a slight difference. So I think the quote that applies is "How can you be the best team in the country if you are not the best team in your conference?".

So in your opinion, if LSU loses on Saturday there should not be an SEC team in the BCS title game?

What it means is, the #3 team in the SEC is better than any other team team in the nation. #3 because the top 2 teams in the SEC are going to the conference championship in Atlanta.

What it means is, the #3 team in the SEC is better than any other team team in the nation. #3 because the top 2 teams in the SEC are going to the conference championship in Atlanta.

Now this has got to be a lot of intellectual laziness/dishonesty. You really think this?

Kinda hard to say given that there are these things called divisions, and the way it worked out for UGA, they played the three redheaded stepchildren of the West division.

Now this has got to be a lot of intellectual laziness/dishonesty. You really think this?

Did you see what Vandy did to Wake Forest, they could probably win the ACC. South Carolina crushed the ACC Atlantic Champion with Lattimore in street clothes, they could win the ACC if Lattimore was healthy easily. What conference do you think the #3 team in the SEC couldn't win?

Did you see what Vandy did to Wake Forest, they could probably win the ACC. South Carolina crushed the ACC Atlantic Champion with Lattimore in street clothes, they could win the ACC if Lattimore was healthy easily. What conference do you think the #3 team in the SEC couldn't win?

Perhaps i misunderstood your argument. I htought you were trying to say that bama isn't even the 2nd best team in the sec- thus even dumber for having them in the national title game. which is a joke of an argument no matter how you try to polish that turd.

I think we would have the same record we have playing Alabamas schedule. :biggthumpup:

You said the two best teams in the SEC are playing in Atlanta. That means you believe UGA is either the 1st or 2nd best team in the SEC.

Perhaps i misunderstood your argument. I htought you were trying to say that bama isn't even the 2nd best team in the sec- thus even dumber for having them in the national title game. which is a joke of an argument no matter how you try to polish that turd.

Whether he meant to or not, that IS what he said.

if the first game was at LSU...Id agree...if I thought Bama was the 2nd best team In the country I'd agree...

If that wasnt the same argument they used to not match up Ohio State/Michigan a few years ago-Id agree........

If the first match up wasnt one of the most boring god awful match ups ive ever seen--I might want to watch it again...

go ahead and talk about how awesome a great defensive match up is....bull öööö..other teams score on these teams--why cant they on eachother??

öööö Bama.......they lost at home-send Houston in their place.I know a lot of you will watch it because its the bcs national title game--öööö that bullshit....id rather watch the carquest bowl-without knowing whos in it......bama/lsu rematch is like making another "Sex and the City"..the second one is going to suck just as bad as the first.

Back