How Deep Are We At OL? Does Anyone Have A List...

SouthGa

Varsity Lurker
of our current OL including size? Right now in the AJC, we only have 3 OL commitments. I don't care how many running backs we have if the OL can't move people.

South Georgia Jacket

Not directly answering your question about size because I don't know.

But, it seems like there was som mention the Hive about Wrotto and maybe Brezina moving to the OL. That may help the numbers on the OL.

The OL from Louisiana committed to Vandy so we can scratch him from our list. According to Garrett we have only had 29 to take visits to Tech this whole Recruiting season. Chan is truly a GENIUS. We are in need of OL badly but our coach dropped David Price a 6'5 315 pound OL from Tampa. SHEESH. His brilliance is going to kill me.

Our current OL did a pretty good job last year opening holes for our 5th & 6th string backs. We are actually in good shape for now, but next years class needs to include about 5-6 minimum or we will be hurting big time in '05.

The entire line will be Jrs. plus one SR. with good size(3 and maybe 4 at 300+ by fall) and hopefully improved strength after the off season work-outs. We will also have a Sr. starting at TE.

We have 4-5 good back-ups, all of whom have had some PT except for McHargue who will be a R-Fr.

I look for the OL to be a team strength for the next 2 years and then some rebuilding will be necessary. THWG

I'll take a shot at a Fall depth chart on the o-line

1st Unit: Dorsey, Robinson, Reilly, Tidwell-Neal, Wallace
2nd Unit: Phillips, Hartley, Tarquino, Brezina, Honeycutt,
3rd Unit: Rhodes, McHargue, Tuminello, Parker, Beserevic

I agree with others that Wrotto could end up at OT.

Going into next season, here is our potential depth chart on the offensive line:

Center

1. Reiley, Sr. R.
2. Tidwell-Neal, Jr.
3. Tarquino, So. R.
4. Reardon, Sr.

Guard

1. Robinson, Jr. R.
2. Honeycutt, So. R.
3. Hartley, Sr. R.
4. McHarque, Fr. R.
5. Jackson, Sr.

Tackle

1. Dorsey, Jr.
2. Wallace, Jr.
3. Phillips, Jr. R.
4. Besirevic, So. R.

Generally we have some numbers and some good talent on the first line with an occassional 3rd back up that can play.

The key with this group is to get them in shape. Other than Robinson, none of them were able to dominate their positions. If they will commit to the weight room and some extra running we could have a very strong group (pun intended).

Several of these guys have been injury prone and I think that is also a result of not being in top shape.

Go Jackets!

Rivals had more information on Chris Williams the OL from Louisiana. He had offers from Okla. St., and Vandy but he wanted to come to Tech and was scheduled to visit this weekend but Chan was stringing him along and ask him to wait until the 31st. In the meantime Ok. St. filled their OL spots and pulled their offer and the kid didn't want to be left out in the cold so he committed
to Vandy. Another brilliant move by our resident GENIUS.

My guess is Phillips replaces Wallace at right tackle and Wallace replaces Blake-Roberts who graduated. Key back-ups will be Honeycutt and Hartley. THWG

GoldZ-Thinking Hartley wins RG, Wallace RT. Phillips' knee worries me.
Lionel-The Brezina,Wrotto thread started right here on StingTalk. I did, eventually, take it over to the Hive. MasterB did, after some consternation, confirm this strong suspension right here on ST.

Agree Ace, but if the knee is fine and remember he did pretty well on it this year, then no contest...he's that good! THWG

Back