How deep are we at the DB position?

ThomsonJacket

I don't know
I know depth on the O-line is a concern but didn't we lose both starting corners and safeties?
drinking.gif
confused.gif

I'm very excited about the Secondary. The two starting safties really have me excited. They are young and will make plenty of mistakes but they are so athletic and active. Landry, Reis, and Butler were really laying the lumber in the drills I saw. However, there is no doubt there will be a learning curve at this position. I think we have plenty of potential at cornerback assuming everyone returns this fall. I heard Davis made strides in the spring and Scott should factor in the mix as well.

i WOULD LIKE TO THINK THAT YOUTHFUL ENTHUSIASM WILL MAKE UP FOR INEXPERIENCE BUT THAT IS way BEYOND WISHFUL THINKING.DB (esp CB) IS THE toughest place to "learn".The truth is we have 3 new starters and the #4 DB from last yr and we will be lucky not to fall into the 1997 or 2000 passing stats of giving up 280+yds per game (considering the lack of DT rush and a weak offense which can't keep the other Offense off the field.)

Not including the freshmen, these are the players posted on the roster.

STRONG SAFETY
Dawan Landry 6'2" 215 Sophomore (RS)
Chris Reis 6'0" 210 Sophomore
Jack Rogers 6'1" 207 Senior (RS)

FREE SAFETY
Nathan Burton 6'2" 220 Junior (RS)
James Butler 6'3" 210 Junior

CORNER BACK
Jonathan Cox 5'10" 185 Senior
Dennis Davis 6'0" 185 Junior
Venice Gilliam 5'10" 198 Sophomore
I-Perfection Harris 5'9" 170 Freshman (RS)
Reuben Houston 6'0" 195 Sophomore (RS)
Eddie Ivery 5'10" 165 Freshman (RS)

Father Time

Stoked about the secondary's prospects as well.
With the incoming class we look really strong there. Kenny Scott, Avery Roberson, Joe Gaston,
Brian Fleuridor...man, it's looking good back there. Solid linebacking corp and yet again frosh coming in, Kamichael Hall, Nick Moore, Phillip Wheeler. If Wrotto & Newberry come on strong Tenuta may have something special for us.

Back