How many have gotten a response

texstinger

Dodd-Like
from clough, moore, braine, CG, anybody? How much $ does one gave to give to get a response?

I got the automated, standard reply to email, and no answer to letter. Didn't really expect one though.

My dad recieved one and it was a "circle the wagons, looky what we have done in women's sports" bullshit form letter. It was disgusting to hear him read it to me. They completely dismissed the issue and in fact blamed the student athletes for the situation. Nowhere did they accept responsibility for implementing the NEW academic policy PRIOR to the NCAA mandates. In fact, it occurred to me that students already enrolled in school will probably be grandfathered under the old rules since this would mean immediate dismissal of many upperclassmen throughout the country. Why didn't Braine and Moore repeal the experiment prior to the guys being sent home? Why did they not alert Gailey of the immanent danger to his young men while they were practicing this spring? Why do these people still have jobs? I hope they rot in hell for how they have permanently affected these young men's lives, the Tech fan base and our recruiting for years to come. Please do not ever forget who was responsible for this and do not stop sending letters! We have to effect change immediately because by fall it will be too late.

captainG, how do you propose we affect this change. It would appear writing letters does not do it. I hate the notion of withholding $$ because I do not want to hurt the kids, but it would seem that this is the only language that some listen to. Listening for better ideas.

my thoughts exactly...if change doesn't come soon, our program will spiral downward...quickly. Already, we've had a couple of relatively weak recruiting classes and next season will not help our cause if Gailey leads the team to even a medicroe season (5 or 6 wins). If that happens, we're stuck with him another year with another weak recruiting class. If he is fired for a worse record, then we're destined for another weak class due to transition of a new coach...unless we get some huge name to come in.

THAT is why I say fire him now, stop the hemmoraging, and get a new coach NOW. We have the potential to spriral to the bottom of the ACC quickly...oh, wait, there is still Duke to cushion our blow to the cellar.

MsTA, only thing we can do is rant & rave here on the internet... When people in their position won't answer you in private, then apparently they would prefer to be humiliated in public...

BB: Don't worry, if things keep going this way ... I know I won't hesitate to state my feelings about all those "who do NOTHING" and care to watch as our football program goes down the perverbial TUBES!!
mad.gif

I wrote Dr. Clough and got a letter in return. It didnt say much. It said that they are aware of the situation with the football players but the most recent incident is overshadowing their other accomplishments. It didnt say anything about fixing the problems or making changes. Thats all.

Price Memorial Gold

MsTechAnalysis, let's get specific. I have been a Tech fan for 56 years through the good times and the bad.

I stand behind the Tech program and the present coach to have a fair chance to win this coming year without leftovers from the last regime.

I have definitely stood behind the program when things were much worse than this.

Now, you can't prove last seaon's dissappointments were not partially caused by the offensive coordinator. You also cannot disprove the situation may have caused some dissension on the team.

On the other hand, I can't prove it was not Gailey at fault. so, we both have different opinions of the situation.

You and the core group are spreading dissatisfaction and discord within the football community. Most of us are trying to stand behind the program and give the present coach and the remaining players a chance to correct the problem.

You are part of a core group that appears to be asking for the job of Gailey. I and most Tech fans are trying to provide some hope and unity to the program.

So, I stand on the front lines to protect the program and you are attacking the program and the coach.

It is apparent to me, I am doing plenty. It is apparent to me you are causing further divisions in the Tech community and more harm than good.

I had rather be called a do-nothing trying to do what is morally right than casusing a lot of confusion and disunity to the program.

There was a post on today's board regarding Gailey's visit to Newnan, Georgia to drum up support for Tech football. Some of the "so called fans" were spewing venom at the post and Gailey for trying to support Tech football.

Are these the people you associate yourself with? Are they actively trying to promote Tech football or to tear it down and cause disunity7

Should a person, that might be interested in becoming a Tech booster or fan, be chased away from these local booster clubs by venemous and disloyal fans? Wouldn't it be better if a person was encouraged to attend rather than stay away.

Maybe things would be better if you did do nothing.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Ahso, you stated that you have not attended any Tech games for a number of years, nor contributed any money, yet you hold yourself up to be more loyal and steadfast than those who are are agitating for change.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
MsTechAnalysis, let's get specific. I have been a Tech fan for 56 years through the good times and the bad.

I stand behind the Tech program and the present coach to have a fair chance to win this coming year without leftovers from the last regime.

I have definitely stood behind the program when things were much worse than this.

Now, you can't prove last seaon's dissappointments were not partially caused by the offensive coordinator. You also cannot disprove the situation may have caused some dissension on the team.

On the other hand, I can't prove it was not Gailey at fault. so, we both have different opinions of the situation.

You and the core group are spreading dissatisfaction and discord within the football community. Most of us are trying to stand behind the program and give the present coach and the remaining players a chance to correct the problem.

You are part of a core group that appears to be asking for the job of Gailey. I and most Tech fans are trying to provide some hope and unity to the program.

So, I stand on the front lines to protect the program and you are attacking the program and the coach.

It is apparent to me, I am doing plenty. It is apparent to me you are causing further divisions in the Tech community and more harm than good.

I had rather be called a do-nothing trying to do what is morally right than casusing a lot of confusion and disunity to the program.

There was a post on today's board regarding Gailey's visit to Newnan, Georgia to drum up support for Tech football. Some of the "so called fans" were spewing venom at the post and Gailey for trying to support Tech football.

Are these the people you associate yourself with? Are they actively trying to promote Tech football or to tear it down and cause disunity7

Should a person, that might be interested in becoming a Tech booster or fan, be chased away from these local booster clubs by venemous and disloyal fans? Wouldn't it be better if a person was encouraged to attend rather than stay away.

Maybe things would be better if you did do nothing.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso: To stand idle is to "do nothing"! And my feelings have never been yours. I would never consider you, me or ANYONE ELSE ON THIS BOARD A VENEMOUS FAN!!!!! Once again, your opinion is your own - so is mine and everyone else's - that's all folks. At least I have not labeled you - that's not my style!!

I would hope that anyone who wants to become a Tech fan would read these posts (your's too) and see passionate fans who want the best for the school, differing opinions and all! We NEVER said we didn't love the school and it's teams - it's the people running the show!

My disloyalty would be to sit back - say everything is hunky dory and do or say nothing! That would be a sham! I'll change when things change!

E-mail reply from Braine within 20 minutes; however, it was very generic and I believe was simply sent out to all who wrote in via e-mail. I could be wrong but that's how it seemed.

Got the "cookie cutter" email response from Clough and 'no answer' to my letter to Braine!

I guess we 'the fans in the stands' don't count for a whole lot, except we pay for the tix, fill the seats and are loyal to a FAULT!

If someone can figure something else to do, outside of a petition of some sort - suggest it here.

Back