How Many Of You Honestly Think That Chan...

SouthGa

Varsity Lurker
can light a fire under this team's butt and turn things around next year. I for one do not, what we need is a coach of the O'Leary mold which is a get in your face, hard nose, demanding style or a young, charismatic , high energy coach. If the athletic dept. takes the philosophy of give him three years, then we will not have a winning team until three years after he is let go which is six years from now. Are y'all ready to accept that???

South Georgia Jacket

I have alot of doubts about Chan right now. That's an understatement, actually. Never in a million years would I have predicted what we witnessed on SAturday. Chan will have to shoulder the blame for that.

That being said, I don't want to fire him right now. I want to see what will happen next year. He deserves that, IMO.

He'll be tweaking his staff during the off-season, I hope. I want to see a QB coach. I want to see some other things as well. But no matter what, if Chan can not get the players to give 100%, then he's not the man. Win, lose or draw, all I've ever asked of Tech is to field a team that gives their all and represents us well on the field. If he's not the man that can get the intensity out of our players that is required to compete with UGA and the ACC, then I want him outta here.

I don't think this man can get the job done period! If he's going to change all staff, Tech might as well hire a new coach as well!

I don't even play for him and I don't respect him.

In the Hive chatroom this a.m., a certain person who many seem to look to for answers said he did not think changes in staff will happen. I hope he is wrong: st coach, s/c coach, playcalling, qb development, etc., etc.

I know I'll be accused of being fairweather etc etc etc, but I have to drive 7-8 hours for home games and after having season tics for > 20 years, IF there are no changes in place for next year I'm going to have to think long and hard about renewing season tics.....And even in the B.L. days I never considered such a thing...Nor in the Bud Carson era.....

Back