How many points do we score against VT?

How many points do we score against VT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cyptomcat

Hibernating
poll

(poll is missing the 30 option, oh well)

(I can see us doing better than my choice if we get a score from a turnover.)

34. VT gets a special teams moral victory by blocking a late extra point in a home loss.

Their D is stout. Fortunately, so too is ours.

I'm really hoping that CAG puts Kallon in for a couple snaps against one of VT's freshman OL backups just to watch Kallon eat him alive.

In the 4 years we've scored 17, 28, 21, and 26. That's remarkably consistnent an average of 24. I think we score right around 24. But I gave them the benefit of the doubt being at home and having so many returning starters on D (even though we moved the ball really well against that D last season). So 20-24. I think they score 17-23.

I think we score 28 and miss about 5 or 6 field goals.

ST Reaction: "OMG we didn't need a special teams coach...we just suck!"

In the 4 years we've scored 17, 28, 21, and 26. That's remarkably consistnent an average of 24. I think we score right around 24. But I gave them the benefit of the doubt being at home and having so many returning starters on D (even though we moved the ball really well against that D last season). So 20-24. I think they score 17-23.

So, assuming those scores have an equal probability of occurrence, and assuming all ties would end in overtime which would then be 50/50 (so throwing out ties), that gives us a probability of winning of 29/35, or about 83%. Somebody check me.

Two TDs and two FGs with a pick 6 or a strike on a ST play for 27 points. Whether or not we win is all about whether or not TJ Barnes can take his big ass and hit the QB through the 4th quarter.

So, assuming those scores have an equal probability of occurrence, and assuming all ties would end in overtime which would then be 50/50 (so throwing out ties), that gives us a probability of winning of 29/35, or about 83%. Somebody check me.

Haha I might have to rethink that then. I still think 20-24 is a realistic spot for us to be in and will put us in the game in the 4th quarter.

Back