How on Earth will we beat Auburn?...

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
I say...Get Reggie out on the corners and let him fling it or run it. Also, we need multiple targets...not just Smith.

I know our chances are small, but that's why you play the game. We need to put Reggie where he's the most comfortable and let him make plays.

On defense, we need better tackling on first contact and we need to put 8 guys in the box. Auburn will try to run it down our throats. We need to get up close to the line and make them pass.

On top of that...win the turnover war. No more fumbles.

Originally posted by bugboy:
I say...Get Reggie out on the corners and let him fling it or run it. Also, we need multiple targets...not just Smith.

I know our chances are small, but that's why you play the game. We need to put Reggie where he's the most comfortable and let him make plays.

On defense, we need better tackling on first contact and we need to put 8 guys in the box. Auburn will try to run it down our throats. We need to get up close to the line and make them pass.

On top of that...win the turnover war. No more fumbles.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Don't let AUBURN push you off the ball. Limit them to three downs. Don't turn the ball over. Stack the box and make them pass... it's not their natural way. Play a lot like BYU did last night. Keep your D-Line low and undernieth those hogs on the other side. Get them off their feet and off balanced. trap them before they trap you. Shoot the gaps. You have very good linebackers, gritty players that can stop the inside game. Pinch and make them string out laterally. You have nice size and speed in your secondary so let Auburn play to your strengths. Force them to play to your strengths. They may complete a few good long passes, but a low percentage in PA mode. Fine, just keep therm from running and running the ball as that's what gives them the best chance of winning. Limit them to 47 plays the way BYU did TECH. Defense, play low, low, low, quick, quick, quick!

Make JC beat you. Put 8 men in the box and blitz often but not EVERY down. The RB's will hurt you if they have time to run. The WR's are average for AU, not great. Just make them beat you through the air and not the ground because if the RB's do get some time, they can hurt any team in the country.

Back