I am (a little less now) one of the anti chan folks...

ShadyJacket

Varsity Lurker
I am one of the anti chan folks, but today seemed like a pretty well coached game.

But, Auburn may just be a really horrible and overrated team, or they may be having very bad luck.

There never was any doubt that our players are very good and hard working.

Let the season progress before we jump to any conclusions, but i am willing to give credit to the coaching staff for this victory.

nice backhanded post!

auburn overrated .. pffft!
last year .. NCSt overrated .. pffft!

i like how you guys think .. very shady indeed.

As a Chan supporter I must admit - Tubby really coached poorly. He gave up on his game plan and adjusted the wrong parts of his game.

Every slant across the middle worked, but he kept not going back to it.

Their players - no problem - that is a team of studs with no quarterback. It will be interesting to see what pans out for them.

That being said, I'm happy Chan gave the kid more to work with. It's hard to believe no interceptions with all the balls in the middle of the field. The kid's for real.

BTW - It is only a matter of time before we have a kick or punt blocked. Both of our guys are SLOW to put a foot on the ball. That extra second is going to really hurt us at some point.

Techfowl, Wes and Kim were saying that before our last punt, from end zone, that we should take a safety. To me, it makes sense. Why risk a block and a TD?

Great win but Tuberville is an icky coach. Ever since he pulled a fast one on Ole Miss, I have thought he was rather smarmy.

The Auburn fans around my son and I are more upset over Tubby than some of our people are over Chan.

Techfowl, I agree with you about Tubby, he called a bad game for Auburn. They do not have a quarterback.

Great win for our guys. That breaks the drought against them. Maybe we can start another string against them.

It is amazing! They supposedly have four of the best runners in the nation on one team and have not scored a TD in the first two ball games.

Had Ace not stumbled, we would have won 24-3.

Father Time

Originally posted by bizzybee:
Techfowl, Wes and Kim were saying that before our last punt, from end zone, that we should take a safety. To me, it makes sense. Why risk a block and a TD?

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">They were just being cute. Some coach did that in an NFL game 10 years ago and fooled the dickens out of everybody.

Never put up points for the other guy is my theory. Doesn't seem too complicated.

I've spent more time "listening" here than "talking" mostly to improve my level of intelligence and football knowledge. Belly, don't get me wrong but you may be considerably more in touch with reality than those EoCs and vindictive Republicans consider us to be. Besides, it takes two teams to play a game and only one can lose. Better them than us.

I was in disbelief we did not take the safety and kick it away. It was the smart thing to do. Oh well, other than that, Chan outcoached the Tuberhead.

How about that 5 man line with Brezina on the nose? Did I call that or what?

Originally posted by bookergt:
Besides, it takes two teams to play a game and only one can lose. Better them than us.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Amen, brother!

Originally posted by ShadyJacket:
I am one of the anti chan folks, but today seemed like a pretty well coached game.

But, Auburn may just be a really horrible and overrated team, or they may be having very bad luck.

There never was any doubt that our players are very good and hard working.

Let the season progress before we jump to any conclusions, but i am willing to give credit to the coaching staff for this victory.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Would you know a football if you saw one?

Make no mistake about it.. Tech beat a good team yesterday.. dont be surprised if Tech just beat this years SEC Champs..

And its quite apparent that dont wish to jump to any conclusions... it is also apparent that you dont wish to give credit where credit is due..

it was the fans like you that I disliked the most

jacketguy, if you actually read my post, i did give credit to gailey, so i dont know why you are saying i didnt give credit where it is due.

also i could care less if you dislike me or fans like me. its funny to see people like you getting all riled up and getting your blood pressure and stress levels raised just because of a post on some message board.

pathetic.

Trust me Shady.. your post didnt get my blood pressure up.. LOL.. far from it..

But.. could I make a suggestion to you.. when you say..

"Let the season progress before we jump to any conclusions, but i am willing to give credit to the coaching staff for this victory. "

then why cant you let a season progress, or even get started without being one of the "anti chan folks"? ...

I agree with you, we should savor this win, but we have FSU up next and alot of football left to play this season.. a win over Auburn wont make my season, I can tell you that.. but, if temperance can be given to this win, as you suggest, then why cant temperance be given to the coaching staff as well.. why cant we take the position of giving Gailey a chance to do the job without being "anti Chan"?

Just curious..

Back